Attn Vamp plus MR2 update

Well got plenty of work done on the '2 this weekend. List of work was clutch, new front ARB droplinks, new rear tyres, oil and filter change, and adjusting handbrake. All done in 5 hours which was pretty good!!

Vamp, did you have the clutch done whilst you had it? Coz the last person that did it seems to have bodged it a bit. There's one gearbox bolt missing, plus nothing was greased up so the driveshaft and box was an arse to get off. Could also explain why the clutch kept overheating! Anyways, all sorted now, just gotta find a bolt that will fit!

Hope you all had a good (and productive weekend)

Carl

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

never had the clutch done but the guy that had it before me had it done so must have been the garage he used.

weekend was great, had an MR2 meet at the halfway house then about 8 of us all went to southend sea front, 7 turbo's and one NA MKII spider, very rare! nice car. one with us was standard silver, only a few 100 made i believe and jap only. 2 were turbo's i think.

nothing that puts a grin on you're face more than driving along with about 8 good looking cars in the sun hehe.

glad my old MR2 is being well looked after and driven properly ;)

Reply to
Vamp

WOW, that spider is gourgeous (in standard looking form!)

oh yes :) Just off to the Half to get some nice new gearbox oil now!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

My mate has an MR2 Turbo, jap import but it couldnt get close to my old sierra on the strip... Nice car though... He wouldnt swap me!

here
and here

Reply to
Burgerman

did you get to drive it? seen that car on imoc

Reply to
Vamp

No, but I Nhave murdered it on the strip, and on the motorway on the way back!

Reply to
Burgerman

Very nice, but not my sort of thing. Mine is the earlier mk1, and is gonna be more about going round corners than straight lines! It'll be up against the likes of 205 GTis, mk1/2 Escorts, Corolla AE86s etc so will hopefully do me proud!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

yeah but you're sierra had 4 more cylinders, nos and other shit right? :)

an MR2 turbo came second in the D1 drift series last year i think. plus i think the Mk3 MR2 running a tuned 3SGTE engine did well in the JGTCC last year.

Reply to
Vamp

It had a couple of minor mods...

I like em, but they are a bit small cute and feminine for my liking, compared to say a hotted up corvette or something that rocks when you rev it... And really goes when you floor it?

Reply to
Burgerman

even a TRD wide body kitted one? :)

Reply to
Vamp

Fraid so, not enough engine, or cylinders, or car really... Dont worry its just me I like real heavy duty cars...

It comes from my drag racing background. Less that 2 tons and less than 8 cylinders with nitrous and as much cubes (big blocks) as poss is the way...

Sierra was just my road/tow car. It looked tatty, like the repmobile it was but which one looked cool at the strip, the fancy mr2 turbo, cosworth 4x4 etc, with all the stickers and the 550 bhp windscreen sun strip, or the tatty 1.6L 4 door saloon sierra when it buggered off and left them all for dead with wheelspin in every gear? Complete with dozens of beer cans, my tool box, etc all over it? I only ran the thing for a laugh, really it was there normally just to tow my 2 ton mobile bike dyno with my real race machine inside!

Reply to
Burgerman

ok i'll let you're sierra pass on coolness for looking shit but also going like shit too :)

Reply to
Vamp

Thanks! I feel honoured! But that was the whole point... The cool bit was when you leave the lights with some smug git in a "flash" fast expensive motor (cossi, etc) who tries to impress his GF by showing her how to beat me... I leave 2nd gear, out accelerate him, then hit 3rd hard with a dose of nitrous and leave him in a cloud of tyre smoke on purpose and sparks as some unknown part of the rear / bottom of my car scrapes the deck. The other cool part was an immaculately clean polished engine / bay, slightly hotted up motor - home made nitrous system, and the way it went!

It was never polished and a bit dull on the outside. Only a debadged a bit lowered and sat on wide 8 inch x 13 motorsport spec but "unfashionable" wheels. With colway 225 remoulds... R rated! The tread flies off in huge chunks at around 150 so every time they got a bit worn, (often!) I went fast for 10 mins, tread disintegrated, wheel shakes badly, free warranty replacements! They got wise after a while. Oh and a cosworth exhaust system rear half with big tailpipe also gave a clue.

Reply to
Burgerman

lol you character, what ever happened to the sierra?

Reply to
Vamp

Long gone, sold to a freind who used it to go back and forth to belgium very regularly. But he got cought and car was sold I think while he was on "holiday" so its somewhere in belgium I suppose.

Reply to
Burgerman

shame, anything come close to it in grin factor?

Reply to
Vamp