Bad fuel economy...

What can cause bad fuel economy? I've noticed a drop off in my MPG (1993 Pug 405 1.6i), assuming driving style is the same and theres no leak in the tank, what can cause bad economy? I am just about to set about cleaning the air filter (its a washable K&N).

Any ideas guys?

Cheers

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

Hmm if I were you, I'd get my engine tuned up. A bad tuning can affect the fuel economy especially if the fuel/air mixture ratio is not optimum. Another thing you can do is send your car for an engine carbon cleaning if it's old.

Brian.

Reply to
Brian Su

Blocked/dirty filter, bad air meter? Maybe bad plugs?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

get lighter shoes :)

Reply to