been a while

seems like theres a few new peeps on the group these days

how many of the old skool brigade are still here hands up guys

oh btw a little update on a good m8 of mine david bolton

last seen pootling round in an mr2 turbo in a rather sideways manner. but as far as i know he still has the XRT last time i seen him

on my own front its been pretty quiet with the purchase of a rather sportty pug 406 glx derv estate to pootle around in now god bless the 405 for introducing me to derv power. the nova is still a bare shell with the redtop now out and a let awaiting fitment after a quick overhaul wifes new punto is still unmolested bar a filter/zorst and a dumpvalve and is next on the hit list for some modding. the accident damaged punto has since been scrapped along with the last of my xr2s :(

Reply to
Rob

I think I count as "old skool" here.

XRT? As in XR-Two or something else?

Good man. Next on the list should be an HDI one if this isn't already, then get it chipped - performance diesels are the way forwards :)

Well I got over the Mk3 Escort thing years ago, the Astra went to make way for the first of a string of Carltons, and it's now nearly a year since there was last a Carlton cluttering up my drive. I did say I'd given up on s**te cars, but then I went and bought a Mk5 Fiesta van (which was actually pretty good) and then later on a rusty Mk3 Fester Vanheap, and a diesel Maestro van (now gone). Had the A6 TDI nearly a year now, and a couple of months ago I bought something French. Oh well.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

xr2 with a turbo conversion daves was a rather quick 1900 cvh with a hybrid turbo/chargecooler etc etcetc 250 bhp in a stripped xr2 rather quick

certainly mullered my tuned to death 1800 rs turbo

yes and no its not getting modded at all its a hack with a towbar and in league with one of ifor williams finest forms an integral part of the nova support structure :)

Reply to
Rob

I been ere long time.

Nothing wrong with a Merde Du turbo.

Missed you two ripping the shit out of each other, about how you were going to rip the shit out of each other at Knockhill.

Missus has seen sense got rid of her corsa that people kept driving into, and on my advise bought a Skoda Fabia Classic 1.4.

I couldn't find a decent Skoda rapid that i could afford (would you believe a good one will fetch over a grand and a Sport or Cabrio in good nick closer to 2), so I bought an old Saab turbo which was very quick and I grew quite attached to for a year and a half.

Then a Remortgage came along, and I bought a 1990 Celica GT4, and Saturday was a very sad day, as the Saab was rehoused with her new owner on Morpeth.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo