Bit off topic but what do you call those slip roads

You know the ones that don't end like a normal slip roads but go on at one junction and off at the next. I know it's an odd thing to ask but I was on the way home from the pub this morning (no I hadn't been drinking but it was late) and the roads were virtually deserted and I passed one of them and started wondering if there is a special name for them?

Reply to
Depresion

local traffic lanes

Reply to
dojj

Thanks.

Reply to
Depresion

accident form yes?

Reply to
dojj

No. I just want to know what to call them other than "them bloody annoying things"

Reply to
Depresion

I only know 2 places where they are

on the A2 (or is it the A20?) just before you hit the M25 coming out of London or on the M20 between junction 5/6

pains in the arse they are

Reply to
dojj

I pass one on my way to work...

dont know if this is what they are really called but if it is busy the warning signs flash "CAUTION que on slip road.

HTH

Mason

Reply to
Mason

They are all over the place further north, a warning sign telling you it's one would come in handy if you don't know the area as it's always the junction you want and on a bend.

Reply to
Depresion

Slip road.

HTH