slightly off topic-- what year vw cabriolet

When was the cabriolet last made in Wgerm and first in Mexico. I am considering getting back into a cabrio convert but want pre-mex version, anybody know??

thanks, Marco

Reply to
Marc H.Popek

They were only made in Germany. Karmann did the conversion. The last year was

1979.

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche

Early in 1980, AFAIK they didn't make any (official) cabrios in Mexico...

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

Reply to
Ben Boyle

watercooled one. As far as I know all the

made in Mexico but I think the Cabrio was

Ahh, cheers Ben :-)

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

There was some late model Golf convertible production (or assembly) in Mexico.

the watercooled one. As far as I know all the

definitely made in Mexico but I think the Cabrio was

Reply to
Peter