Capri engine swap/Upgrade? Is it worth it?

Good greif. I had a P6 3500S (4 speed manual) and never got anywhere near as low as this - even living in London. Only car I got this low was a Jag

4.2 auto. A Series 1. Easily into single figures with short journeys. Far worse than my '57 Bentley S1.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Summat was up then. I remember when I was doing my apprenticeship at a Land Rover dealership that when they used to PDI Range Rovers, the fuel economy test had to work out around 24MPG and that was on a lardy Range Rover.

Reply to
Conor

It probably wasn't the best tuned, and I did tend to use it to upset boy racers ;)

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Heh, I got 9mpg in my 2.25 Petrol 109 hardtop. I don't think it was supposed to do 75mph downhill.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK