Carbon Fiber sheats?

I'm looking to get the dash on my current project covered in carbon fibre, as it's a flat face I was thinking it could probably be done without too much trouble by either my mechanic or a local upholster. Dose anyone know of places that sell sheets flexible or rigid of real CF in the uk? Ideally the sheets would need to be 150cm long minimum to avoid a join. I know 3M do a sheet 1m by

17cm.
Reply to
Depresion

What kind of car's it for? I've got a CF dashboard blank here I could measure later but I'm not sure it would be 150cm long.

Homer.

Reply to
Homer

Or

Proper rigid 5ply + sheet isn't cheap though!

Cheers Matt

Reply to
**-**

A 1969 Karmann Ghia, to be honest I haven't had a chance to measure the dash but I would say that it's easily over a meter and I'd rather get a bit too long than a bit too short.

Reply to
Depresion

Thanks, you will have to explain the word cheap to me, not something that has ever come up in all my years of motoring. ;)

Oh dear they do pannels big enough for door trim.

Reply to
Depresion

The one I've got's from

, it's about 1220x 220mm and has a turned over buttom edge 35mm deep. Homer.

Reply to
Homer

LOL always the danger

Have we seen pics of this project of yours? I remember so dodgy wheel pics but thats it

Reply to
Chet

No, keeping the car under wraps as it currently doesn't have any glass, bonnet,. boot, seats or paint.Was supposed to be ready for November, then Christmas and my birthday (this Wednesday) may have it by the end of the show season.

There are some old shots here though:

Depresion

Are both of these the same car?

Homer

Never mind, just read the rest of your post.

Reply to
Homer

Yes they are the same car, not the one I'm currently working on but the last project, a different '69 KG. It how has a biscuit colour mohair hood. Doesn't look too bad for an old air-cooled Vdub. The current one is a fixed head rather than a drop top.

Reply to
Depresion

Only time I've used it its been preceded by "isn't"

Matt ( with well over 10K of reciepts for the Saab)

Reply to
**-**

A Carbon Fibre Karmann!!! Yes please ;-)

Reply to
**-**

As much as I would like to do the entire car the cost would be prohibitive. There was a company selling Carbon Fibre wings, bumpers & running boards for beetles at Dubfreeze on Sunday.

Reply to
Depresion

This sounds like your cup of cocoa

MeatballTurbo

FX:

Reply to
Dan405

2 stone too heavy mate ;-)
Reply to
**-**

Bah, lightweight. (literally)

Reply to
Depresion

Could lie about your weight mate. Then own up when you get there. Bit hard to change their mind when you are already in Barbados.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

snipped-for-privacy@bt> > > > Matt ( with well over 10K of reciepts for the Saab)

"It's just the in-flight meal lying heavy on me stomach, mate - I'll be fine in the morning!" ;-)

Reply to
Jamesy