Cassette adaptors and usb sticks.

I have a couple of cassette adaptors. And I've seen a cassette shaped mp3 "Mix tape" player that could do basic play/pause/back/forward options.

But does anyone make a cassette adaptor with suitable electronics in it, that allows connection of a usb stick rather than just a headphone connection, so you could plug in any sized usb stick of tunes and play it through the headunit? Like a jumbo version of the Mix tape.

next up option for me is a grom cable that can trick the HU into thinking it has a second changer installed.

Reply to
Elder

Available from my favourite purveyor of chinese crap

It's only a tenner delivered, I've been tempted, buy one and tell me how you get on :)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Fuckit, it was open in front of me, I'll tell you how it is when it's delivered :)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

That looks just the boobrie. SD cards of a decent size are cheap enough these days.

Reply to
Elder

I forgot to update, it arrived a week ago.

Well it works, it even FFs to the next track, along with the old school whirring of the cassette :)

Sounds better than my FM transmitter, battery lasts 4 hours-ish.

What else is there to say ? :)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

LOL Might have to try it then. What size card did you put in?

Reply to
Elder

I have a 2Gb a 1/2Gb and a 128Mb and they all work. I'd probably stick with the 1/2Gb, but I jammed an SD adapter in to use the tiny 2Gb card I had lying about and I can't be arsed looking for some pliers to get it out (the adapter is slightly thicker than a normal SD card).

So in answer to your question, I'm using a 2Gb microSD card in an adaptor for the forseeable future :)

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Guess I might need to grab one then.

Reply to