Caterham seven - "poseurs cafe racer"?

Seen it referred to this way elsewhere. I always thought they were impractical enough to not earn that kind of tag - or am I missing some secret sneer value?

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Heh, sign up to the Yahoo "Se7ens" list.

It's amazing how few actually seem to own one to drive, mostly they seems to be things to buy the latest bits for. There seems to be a competition who can buy the most expensive/lightest bits, bit like the middle-aged power-ranger-style "bikers".

Lets face it, if you knew what you were on about there's much better cars out there for much less money but maybe not quite the "pose" value...

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Honest ?

;-)

Something with a zetec perhaps ?

Or an ancient bike engine ?

:-)))

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

If I had the money for a lightweight track car, I'd have a Z-Cars Mini Monte instead...

Reply to
Abo

Possibly ;)

From Westfields to Duttons, bigger bang-per-buck than a Caterham every day of the week :)