Don't let your brakes get this bad !

Brakes were making a little noise at higher speeds, outside of discs looked okay but as they had a lip around the edge decided to replace them anyway. Pulled the old ones off and this is what I found

. A quarter of one pad is missing and half another has vanished, susprisingly the brakes were still working quite well.

Reply to
Homer

they look fine, I'm sure you could have got a few thousand iles out of them yet :) well, considering you are a lucky bugger, what about doing the lotto this weekend and then giving mea fair share of the 55 mill you should be winning?

Reply to
dojj

LMAO !

I remember my first 405, developed a brake squeak. When the pads were eventually changed, the friction material had *all* worn away from some of the pads - the backing plate was just pressing directly onto the disc. Funnily enough, I too noticed no loss of braking power - they were still working just fine :)

Reply to
Nom