f--k me, fuel prices have gone through the roof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the XJ220 has actually an Austin Metro engine.

Reply to
Johannes

Anything with a highly tuned chassis and a high power (400 bhp+) straight 6, V8 or V12 is a supercar imo.

A Dodge Charger R/T for instance may have 400+ bhp V8 but it sure as hell isn't aero dynamic or the best handleing car of its era.

Reply to
REMUS

In message , Depresion writes

Nor the (W16 four-wheel drive) Veyron.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Nope, when yours arrives, it it will be worthless, give it to me, I like crap old cars.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

If you have a problem with what Enzo said you had many years to take it up with him. Why wait till he's dead?

Reply to
Depresion

Because if you argued with him you'd never get a F1 drive.

Well, we can all dream!

Reply to
Halmyre

Johannes ( snipped-for-privacy@spam-gets-slammed-sizefitter.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

While that's not strictly incorrect, it is *slightly* stretching the edge of "Metro"...

Reply to
Adrian

The message from Johannes contains these words:

As a starter?

Reply to
Guy King

I always have the tank in my garage, it wasn't purchased in a panic. - Please sir, it's not my fault ;) The so-called shortage just happened to co-inside with my filling up both cars, just kinda lucky on this occasion I guess.

Andy

Reply to
dreadly

Just like the Dodge viper uses a truck engine. Though the XJ220 lump is closer to the metro engine as the Viper engine may be based on an American lorry engine it was developed by Lamborghini and made partly in Stourbridge, where as all they did to the old metro lump was stick a couple of hair dryers on.

Reply to
Depresion

It kinda has a metro engine, it has a metro 6R4 Racing V6, not ever produced for road use as far as I am aware. Wouldn't mind one myself though, herd they are kinda pokey, even for a metro. Must be like the Clio v6 but without air-con etc...

Andy

Reply to
dreadly

O' and the brace of turbo's :)

Andy

Reply to
dreadly

2 turbos and 507cc more and it gained 132bhp and 205lb ft. A detuned road version was made at "just" 250bhp (around £13,000 new in the mid '80's) but most have now been converted to rally spec.
Reply to
Depresion

Ok that was a little harsh they also bored and stroked it from 92mm x 75mm to

94x84 and dropped the compression ratio down to take the boost.

Still the metro was quicker 0-60 by 0.6 seconds (but slower to 100 by 0.3 thanks to the aerodynamics of (what is the most unaerodynamic thing I can think of, oh yes) a Metro)

Reply to
Depresion

Whats a cent?

Reply to
Conor

1/100 of a Euro
Reply to
Depresion

you own a tank!?!?!?!?!? WOW!!!!!!!

Reply to
dojj

The message from "Depresion" contains these words:

Ah - I was thinking of an A-series!

Reply to
Guy King

I could take or leave them, except Bathurst I love watching that, but my young son(8) is OBSESSED with cars and The V8 Supercar series and My son is Autistic and has intellectual impairment and because it's one thing that gets him talking I thought I'd better start watching it. Which hasn't worked out to bad as I am taking to him to SBR factory next week and have a look at the cars and hopefully I'll be able to score some stuff off work(C.U.B....sorry I mean Fosters Aust.), shouldn't be to hard as they are a major sponsor.

Myself I don't mind watching WRC, Indy cars and any involving 1960-70's cars.

What about good self ?

Reply to
Dingo

I'm not really into watching sports. Half the time I spend watching motorsport I'm waiting for them to crash. I do however watch The Ultimate Fighting Championship and Pride Fighting Championship. Both are mixed martial arts events which means basically that pretty much anything goes. But I'd rather be on the mat training than watching them. Most ball sports send me into a coma with cricket and baseball at the top of the list. I like watching soccer (real football) live and don't think much of Australian Rules.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston