FAO dojj (Ford stuff)

dojj my man (or anyone else), need some advice.

Will the following bits and pieces fit together to make something that actually works:

- Atlas 4.6:1 CWP (what does CWP mean?)

- Sierra 2lt 5 Speed G/box inc B/housing

- RS2000 16v engine

- A car designed to take 2wd sierra cosworth front running gear and atlas axle (5 linked)

Can you guess what it is yet? :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

CWP= crown wheel and pinion

Reply to
Marty

Crown Wheel and Pinion????

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

that'll be the one. cheers guys. now i just need to know the important bit...

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

not quite. a rwd drive 205 :)

cheers, excellent advice (i knew you would know). now i've just got to try and persuade my mate to buy it all so we can build it (the pansy has £5k to build a car and he wants a boggo 1.9 GTi)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

but has it become rwd yet or are you still making the tunnel for it :) if you want to make a tunnel then it's ebst to get an old sierra or the like and chop the floor and tunnel bit out that way you can mark the points where teh new stuff will fit even if you don't use the same floorpan

someone I know just paid £100 for most of the running gear from an RS2000 and he though it was a normal deal when everyone else was saying "how the f*ck?!?!?!?!?!?!" :) what you could do, and this is only a "could" is go out an buy a running 1.9 git for a few hundred notes then go out and buy a running dohc sierra 4x4 (don't have to be XR, some bloke was selling an estate for only £15 a while ago with a blown engine) thing is, the running gear for the 4wd system will bolt on to the bottom of the RS2000 engine, and voila, a 4wd pug git :) the guy who's done the conversion the other week is already working on a turbo conversion which should be good for around 220 bhp, and in something that light, it should really fly :)

Reply to
dojj

The shell as been made and prepared already by someone else

the shell is the mpost expensive bit (£2000). But it was fully prepped with big tunnel, engine mounts, seam welded and a BFO cage inside. The RS2000 engine was £200 i think. The gearbox was £65, and the diff was £120. But looks like it wont be happening as my mate says considering it'll be the first time he's done a stage rally, so doesnt want to build a monster then go stack it on the first event. So we're just gonna find a 205 GTi and build it to 205 Challenge specs, then use it in stage rallies and road rallies. Maybe in a few years time we'll try something big...

Reply to
Carl Gibbs