FAO: Tim Kemp

You were right about French cars...

Reply to
Doki

uh-oh

Reply to
fishman

It's ok, I've already sold it. It was a bit horrifying when I compiled the service history and realised what had been spent to keep it running over 18 months!

Reply to
Doki

Ah, has someone discovered that they are made of a special sort of glass that rusts?

Reply to
Steve Firth

:)

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Only if it doesn't break first.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Engine bits or body bits? It's an unwritten rule that if the engine is strong the body / trim will be junk, and vice versa, apart from the ones where the whole thing should have been scrapped before shipping to the UK.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Dual mass flywheel, and the body integration computer shat itself whilst it was in the garage. Helpfully. And new wishbones and brake disks. And tyres, which you put on any car, but overall made for a big set of bills for 12 months.

Reply to
Doki

"Doki" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Exactly the same DMF as on any car using that engine - which includes Fords... and a problem that any diesel with a DMF is prone to.

Yeh, multiplexed cars don't really like thoroughly flat batteries. Regardless of marque.

Reply to
Adrian

Indeed. I also hope to never have another diesel, because they're shit.

Or the battery being disconnected during repair work. The thing that really wound me up was the fact that it took Peugeot 3 MONTHS to deliver a new part. VW can get almost everything for something 15 years old for the next DAY.

Other things: Rattles. Seats that creaked and were made out of foam that disintegrated. Carpets that would puncture if a passenger wore high heels. Rust appearing in bizarre places (front edge of the bonnet, from the inside out!). Painted interior plastics that were very easily marked. Etc.

Reply to
Doki

No problems for mine.

Reply to