Ferfuxxake, they can't even bodge things properly

I'm not going to risk this, not all the way from down here up to Bolton.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

cheers for that Paul, hence the reason i posted about it, ive got the same clause on mine as well. In fact it still dosn't give you immunity if youv'e no mot and arrange a pre-booked one, the reason i know this is we had a customer in for a pre-arranged test, all the relevant details were provided & noted in our workshop diary & he was still fined for using a motor vehicle without a current mot certificate, i guess it depends if the local plod is having a good day or not ;o)

Reply to
kronenburgh

It sounds like he didn't fight hard enough...

Although I did hear of a case where somebody was done for detouring to drop the kids off at school on his way to the MOT station - it's supposed to be done by the direct route .

Reply to
PC Paul

I did so yesterday, the w*nkers started arguing that their repair was up to MOT standard (nonewithstanding the fact that I wanted better quality in the first place) and seemed to imply that my MOT tester must've been smokin' something.

Given the quality of the work, I'm fairly sure who's been smoking something interesting here, and it wasn't the MOT tester.

Reply to
Timo Geusch