Grr Scrapes!

Some tossers Scraped my Front bumper on the corner (passenger side) is not deep at all and to be honest is just a surface mark but its 6 inches long and has exposed the white :/

God knows how he/she managed it

What's the best way to fix this will metallic T cut work?

If not what should i use?

Severely pissed off

Reply to
Jon

If it has gone through the paint, it's spray it time.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

You're not the only one. Coming back from the coast today I wiped out a pheasant. It appeared from the other side of the road and started to saunter across.

Me being a good motorist moved further over to the left, at which point it sprinted across. And got wiped over the front bumper. I'd have stopped but dediced it wasn't worth taking to the butchers to get plucked.

David

Reply to
David Lane

in news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net, "David Lane" slurred :

They do seem to enjoy being killed by stuff. Amazingly stupid creatures.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Yay sucess it seems the white rough part I could see/feel was in fact off his bumper, must have just clipped it within a hairs width!

Reply to
Jon

You were lucky. A friend of mine hit a pheasant at ~80mph, and it absolutely ANNIHILATED the front of his Volvo 850 Estate. New bumper, both headlights, radiator, etc. etc. !

Reply to
Nom

in news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com, "Nom" slurred :

Um. You sure it wasn't a sheep or something? I've hit a couple of pheasants at 70+mph, and there has been no damage, at least to the car, that 5 minutes with a jetspray couldn't fix.

Or perhaps it's simply the vastly superior build quality of early 90's peugeots?

Reply to
Albert T Cone

It was a pheasant or a pigeon or something - it was years ago, and I can't remember now. But I do remember the huge hole in the front :)

I didn't know I'd hit a huge bird of prey, until one day I noticed a bird's foot poking out of the bottom grill (Mk1 405). Gave it a bit of a tug, and extracted it from inside the bumper, complete with whopping great bird attached :)

Could be !

Reply to
Nom

in news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com, "Nom" slurred :

Cool :D

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Heh, we did that a few months ago in the cossie. Swiped a pigeon, thought nothing of it and carried on driving around with it's arse sticking out of the front grill for the rest of the night :)

Reply to
LordyUK

When I had the Saab, saw this blur and looked where it was going just to catch sight of a pidgeon going across the windscreen to hit passenger side. The Wonderful aero dynamics of the Saab helped though. The battered ramains were sucked across the roof, and when I got to work, a solitary grey feather was trapped in the electric antenna, daintily wrapped arround the metal afety button at the top.

Missus who passed by a couple of minutes behind me saw it totally mashed on the road, even though there is little traffic at that time, and it was on the verge.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Hit a pigeon when doing 45mph on my old scooter down the hill into my village - right in the chest. That stung.

Reply to
DanTXD

LMAO !

Reply to
Nom

But mine's a Merc 124 series. Big, heavy and it hurts what you hit. It's my second after I got hit whilst stationary by someone doing 70. His car was pulp but mine had only a bit of damage.

David

Reply to
David Lane

Lightweights. Try hitting a kangaroo.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Well we do have Cows and Horses to drive into here !

Reply to
Nom

Yeah, but Cows and Horses rarely punch back.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

They don't need to - the first hit is a knockout (for both parties) :)

Reply to
Nom

Lest us not forget deer...

Reply to