Hmm. If you had £25k to spend on a ca r...

What would you buy?

Because I've decided I might just splash some cash. Might go to £35k if there is something really *really* special out there that isn't going to bleed money from every orifice.

Preferably something I can buy run for a couple of weeks then move on for a tidy profit, naturally.

Reply to
Pete M

Honda NSX? Certain Italian exotica can be had for that sort of money, too.

That of course might be the problem.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

What does a proper 911RS 2.7 cost these days?

--=20 Carl Robson Get cashback on your purchases Topcashback

Elder

Multiples of 35 grand, especially if it's a proven genuine RS.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

A lot more than £35k.

Reply to
Pete M

Bugger.

--=20 Carl Robson Get cashback on your purchases Topcashback

Elder

A 1990s 750i and some wholesale smack.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

It sort of depresses me to say that I couldn't do it.

Much as I do like the idea of something exotic, my natural caution would stop me.

What makes it even worse is that these days - almost unfortunately - I fraternise with some folks that have nice stuff.

I'm running a little event on Sunday and there will definitely be a flappy paddle equipped Maserati there and some nice racing cars too.

I love nice cars, but £25 thousand I couldn't do.

Whatever you get, enjoy it :-)

I'll get back to nailing my little Sylva back together again.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

A nice P reg Ferrari 355 in Red :) They still look brand new 12 yrs on

this link may not work

Ronny

Ah well.

--=20 Carl Robson Get cashback on your purchases Topcashback

Elder

Homer

i'd get a mustang convertible, probably a roush if the money would stretch. or one like this

or old skool

or save a load of cash and get one of these

Vamp

Old School is usually the better bet when it comes to getting your money back, but I would get an original one instead of one that's been messed about with. The original ones usually hold their values *much* better.

This one's a better bet IMHO as they're pretty rare and sought after:

Timo Geusch

Probably an E30 Evo or Delta Evo. I'd expect to have a fair bit of change left though.

Reply to
Doki

Right now. Do it, spend it now. Before it is too late and regret it.

--=20 Carl Robson Get cashback on your purchases Topcashback

Elder

Has the arse dropped out of the market for these?

--=20 Carl Robson Get cashback on your purchases Topcashback

Elder

I'd be very very careful unless buying to keep.

An acquaintance sold a second home while waiting for a new one to be built and ended up with rather a lot of cash until it had to be paid for. And bought a Daytona for the wrong side of 100k. Intending playing with it for six months or so. Last I heard he couldn't sell it for anywhere near what he'd paid. To be fair I reckon he was conned. It looked fabulous at first glance, but the panel fit etc was poor for what was meant to have been a no expense spared re-build. But then I've no real idea what to expect with this type of car. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Miles out, but probably still than when luigo and mario put it together after their third bottle of lunchtime chianti.

Reply to
Elder

It would be very likely to include one of the following:

XKR M5

550 456 Arnage RS4 S6 Quattroporte 996 Turbo

Crewe, Modena and Stuttgart would probably top the list.

Reply to
Grant

Timo Geusch gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Sure. If you're going to buy a Corolla, it's the one to buy.

But the same price as an Elise? Or a Chimera? Or an S55 AMG? Or a B10 E39?

But surely not even you would buy that over any of those...?

Or over that 4.6 '77 SD1?

Reply to
Adrian