I can get JET Fuel !!!!!! ;)

Is that a trick statement?

Some diesels will run ok on paraffin. But isn't a 1.4 Corsa petrol - the diesels are 1.3 or 1.7? And then there's the question about running a road vehicle on an untaxed fuel. Could be interesting.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Nope. they run the Fireforce cars on Red Diesel. I pay tax on mine as I use it on the road.

Reply to
Depresion

Jet engines, real and model and APUs will run on just about anything. Including diesel and kero and paraffin. Even petrol but not as nicely. But Jet-A or A1 or JP4 JP8 etc is just better filtered and has anti static agents and anti foam additives etc.

A diesel car will also run on any of that or any mix of that and mazzola etc.

Avgas is high octane and high lead fuel for spark ignition engines. Great for racing and reliability bad for catatonic diverters and children.

Reply to
Burgerman

Has the behaviour/health/intelligence of inner city children improved in the 15 years or so since lead in petrol was banned? If it has, you could have fooled me. Which of course is easy. Since I breathed in leaded petrol fumes for most of my life.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Parent's should take some responsibility and stop them drinking the stuff then.

;)

Reply to
Depresion

Hard to say if it's down to lead though without doing a controlled test, if anyone wants to write to there MP suggesting we gas a few dozen teenage offenders I still have some cars that run on 4* fuel. (Assuming we can get a big enough grant) ;)

Reply to
Depresion