hi

hi im doing a project on boy racers could you please post me some problems on boy racing and solutions. thanks jojo

Reply to
poldo_comet

Holding us up.

Fire.

No problem.

Reply to
Iridium

They never bother me in the car, but they do occasionally hold me up when I'm driving the van.

Reply to
Doki

They are stupid, give people like us a bad name!

Reply to
SpringBok

There is a web site all about them called

- Look in the gallery. Boy Racers are usually 17 years old and drive a small engined car like a 1.2 Corsa but think it is faster than anything else on the road. Drivers will claim to have raced much bigger cars and left them standing, probably because they were parked up at the time. The cars will have various bits glued on, huge wheels from a tractor attached and the driver will be wearing a tracksuit and a cap with his "special friend" in the passenger seat who looks cloned. The Boy Racer can drive quickly in a straight line only and annoy the hell out of others with loud stereos and exhausts like dustbins. They can't do roundabouts or bends in the road and have no road sense. The solution is to change the Law so as not to allow parts to be added to cars to alter them from factory specifications. Changes should not be allowed to suspension or wheel sizes and sound levels need to be set at a maximum for a standard exhaust. There should also be a minimum ground clearance as in New Zealand. Blacked out windows need to be removed as people can't see at night. Finally, as a condition of car insurance a driver should present an eye test certificate each year.

Reply to
Ron

They are worse than boy racers, I know someone who's car was featured in there forums, it was a full rally car used for gravel and tarmac stages. Not one poster had the brains to work out that it may not be as quick as an Evo or Scooby but it:

A: Cost less than £1000 to build B: Is in a completely different class so wouldn't be competing with them.

Reply to
Depresion

I don't see any problems with boys or girls racing so long as they do it in a safe manor and in an appropriate setting.

Government funded track days for all drivers. 3 a year should do.

Reply to
Depresion

Got a link?

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

No, I got banned for pointing it out. The only really visible modifications were big mud flaps, extra lights and a stripped out inside. It was hugely entertaining "Why would anyone rally a 1.3 polo? It's not a rally car." The driver was doing quite well at the time.

Reply to
Depresion

Pah. I was banned for ripping mickey out of their posters doing the same to me. They're hardly the most sophisticated of people.

Reply to
DervMan

Try one of my all time federate activities on there, when they take the piss out of a car for being modified compare it to another standard car.

"Isn't it shit they installed big wheels, a screen in the dash and big bumpers with 4 exhausts."

"Well BMW did all that to the M5"

"But that's like that from the factory"

"How dose that make a difference? It still has all the features you don't like."

That got me banned again when my IP changed.

Reply to
Depresion

It's the faint grasp on reality that tickled me.

"My Mondeo V6 is loads quicker than almost everything on the road, what's the point in "

"Loads quicker?" Says I. "Oh I get it, you live in Lego land," so on and so forth.

Reply to
DervMan

The guys from the old "Mad Favorit" race team built a very special Favorit using weird shit. They did all the work on the 1.3 and mixed and matched standard valves and springs from rover and ford then had a popular ford cam regrind instead of buying a competition cam, then spent all money they saved on suspension and brakes.

It was consistently quicker round Curborough track (tight and short and narrow) than Scoobies, Elises and Evos. And he was rallying it the next day, so he had the suspension at forest not tarmac height.

Reply to
Elder

Yea nothing what they all drive is mostly quite amusing :-) I remember one was ripping into my mates car, had a Probe 16v :D

Reply to
Iridium

Precisely my point. I mean, I modified my Ka because I wanted to change it to suit what I wanted to do it with. The guys with the V6 Mondeo / 2.0 Probe, they bought it because it felt quick (being much faster than anything else they'd ever owned before) or because they thought it was "cute."

Reply to
DervMan