I don't suppose...

any of you lot happen to have a spare big valve Pinto cylinder head lying round, perhaps keeping the back door open? A Blydenstein one would be nice, perhaps with a Burton 234 camshaft in?

or should I continue along the long and rattly road the Capri is dragging me along with its diesel impression?

Maybe it's getting closer to V8 time..

Reply to
Pete M

I thought it had a spare camshaft?

Now you're talking......

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Pete M raved thus:

:: or should I continue along the long and rattly road the Capri is :: dragging me along with its diesel impression? :: :: Maybe it's getting closer to V8 time..

c'mon, put the v8 in...

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

And Turbots, "Something fishy about that Capri". :)

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Or how about a Rover V8 lump with that twin turbo kit he's got kicking about :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

AstraVanMan raved thus:

:: Or how about a Rover V8 lump with that twin turbo kit he's got :: kicking about :-)

Bore the v8 out though.

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

In news:kHktc.49$yc4.48@newsfe5-win, ¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤ decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

tis a bit tempting to do that..

tis also tempting to put the Merc V8 out of the 500 in it. Problem is mating it to a manual gearbox. AFAICT Mercedes never used the 5.0 with a manual, so I'd have to make a bellhousing and flywheel etc :-( Thing is, it sounds bloody gorgeous..

Reply to
Pete M

Take yourslef over to

and do a bit of a search of the for sale part of the forum - they're practically queueing up to get rid of pintos seeing as they've all gone daft for ZX9 and 'blade engines. Me is sticking with xflow until I can make up my mind on how to ignite and fuel a zetec.

Now what's it to be for the zetec ? Carbs + mega-jolt-lite-junior ----or------ mega-squirt-n-edis ?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

You'll never be sorry about bolting in a rover v8

Reply to
Questions

I thought the rover was wet-linered, and that you needed to increase stroke to increase capacity. Or I could be talking out the wrong hole again.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

In news:Xns94F76B3CEB40224267@130.133.1.4, Albert T Cone decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

To increase the stroke, there's a Chevy crankshaft that bolts into a Rover block, you need to do a little bit of machining on the big ends, but it's bolt in and takes a 3.9 to 5.2, or a 3.5 to something like 4.8.. to bore it out, you just use a 3.9 block...

Ideally, I'd like to find a late discovery 3.9 engine with the 4 bolt mains.. but that's a bit above budget. Handy having the serpentine belt to run all the gubbins off though.. shorter water pump too.

Reply to
Pete M