Involuntary Modification :(

"almost" all the parts are bogo beemer. Except Alpina buy the components in, and assemble them to their spec, choosing parts that fit together, then they take a bare shell, and hand assemble all the parts into the shell.

Having a Beemer dealership workshop chimp sticking any old beemer part in, rather than an Alpina selected part aint going to be too cool.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar
[...]

Only Alpina specific bit I need is the spoiler.

...having neatly scribed out the BMW VIN and stamped a new ALPINA VIN above. Cute. :)

Apart from the engine, gearbox, suspension, wheels and trim (with blue and green stitching) it's mostly 540i...

My friendly local (and v. good) dealer, Dunedin, have an ALPINA chap - I just have to be careful when he's on holiday. ;)

Alistair J Murray

It is :-)

Reply to
Pete M

Thats fair enough then. They have a guy who understands that it isn't just like every other salesmans starship.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

They seem to hire petrolheads mostly - bigger motor, better service. :)

Several. I went down to order a spare key when I got it and half the staff are "Ooooh you got one, where is it?" and heading out to look.

I know BMW dealers get a hard time but Dunedin are good.

Alistair J Murray

Is this a spoof post intended to amuse?

Reply to
Questions