It was all a moot point anyway regarding the MR2

I currently have neither a Mazda MX5 nor an A8 on my drive :). Yes, the A8 sold - bought the Volvo the same weekend...

Reply to
Timo Geusch

LS1/LS2 seem to be a popular choice too...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Oooo...I shouldn't even ask, but go on - details?

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Don't know many - it's green with tan leather interior, expensive exhaust and suspension IIRC and a proper roll bar. About 170bhp and is quite nippy. i think I've got a vid of it somewhere when he took me out. I think he imported it himself, but he's now selling to buy an M5. If you're interested I'll pass on the details when he decides for certain when it's going.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Ah. Mouse-traps eh? Ouch...

I think I recognise them, I'm sure you can buy them new and they're polished lip but red insides - possibly made by Rota?

Oh yea of course, I wasn't suggesting you should change it or anything, just more of a free performance gains are good but if it was me I'd have prefered a single 3 or 4 inch round tail-pipe, hopefully all the way from the turbo :-p

Reply to
DanB

Indeed. Gives you a good idea what they're protecting...

I'm planning to get one of these:

They're one of the few rollbars that don't restrict seat travel and if you look at the crash photos on their site, seem to do the job. Just noticed that they also do full cages that fit under the roof but that's probably overkill. Just a little.

You can still buy them new, but the ones you're thinking of are different wheels (Rota GT3s). BTW, these are genuine Watanabes and not knock-offs like the Rota ones. Rota does have a lookalike wheel (Rota RB) but TBH I'd rather go look for another set of 15" Wats instead. Especially if I manage to find a set of either split rims or magnesium ones. Neither are very cheap, though.

There is that and depending on how loud I find the exhaust once I've had a chance to drive the car for a few weeks, I might have to stick on another exhaust anyway. The main annoyance is that you have to cut out the rear valance for a dual exit exhaust so I'd have to change over the valance as well or look like a total plonker if I go back to a single exit exhaust. Trouble is that it'd probably make a little more power on a single exit exhaust but then again it's not that underpowered anyway.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Lol

Reply to
Abo

Oh, I don't know.

Look how much the windscreen pillars have deformed....

Reply to
SteveH