Lecithin / cognitive functions

MMW Fortschr Med. 2004 Dec 9;146:99-106. Related Articles, Links

[Improvement in quality of life in the elderly. Results of a placebo-controlled study on the efficacy and tolerability of lecithin fluid in patients with impaired cognitive functions] [Article in German]

Volz HP, Hehnke U, Hauke W.

Krankenhaus fur Psychiatrie, Psychotherapie und Psychosomatische Medizin, Schloss Werneck.

Lecithin, a precursor of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, has a positive effect on brain and memory functions. In a prospective, randomized, double-blind study, the effect of buerlecithin fluid (BLF) was investigated in comparison with placebo in patients with mild cognitive disorders. A total of 96 ambulatory patients (> 55 years) were admitted to the study. Treatment duration was 84 days. In both treatment groups, a clear improvement in all the cognitive parameters tested was seen. The main target measure, the overall Sandoz Clinical Assessment Geriatric (SCAG) score improved by 18.7 (test substance) and

16.4 (placebo) points (p = 0.1620). A statistically relevant improvement of the secondary target parameter, response in the SCAG score, was achieved with BLF (85.4%) in comparison with placebo (62.5%) (p = 0.018). Furthermore, BLF demonstrated significant superiority in a number of the other target measures. The study also confirmed the very good tolerability of BLF.

Publication Types: Clinical Trial Randomized Controlled Trial

PMID: 15662899 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Who loves ya. Tom Jesus Was A Vegetarian!

Is A Herbivore!
PEOPLE WALKING

·aolcom

How interesting.

Can you clarify the significance and potential applicati> MMW Fortschr Med. 2004 Dec 9;146:99-106. Related Articles, Links >

·Michael

We KNOW .. you .. REALLY aren't too interested ..

Don't we ..

Evidenced BY your actions / attacks .. over .. the years ..

Eh ..

That is called .. 'evidence based' ..

Who loves ya. Tom

Jesus Was A Vegetarian!

Man Is A Herbivore!
DEAD PEOPLE WALKING

·aolcom

Sounds similar to the behavior my MIL exhibited pre-diagnosis. Inappropriate responses, disjointed responses that make no sense, seeing and responding to attacks that aren't there -- her problem was dementia. Hmmm...

----snip----

----snip----

Reply to
·Karen

a maroon? a maroon what? keep taking the lecithin tommy. you're the only person here that qualifies for the description of MORON.

dictionary.com:

moron n.

  1. A stupid person; a dolt. 2. Psychology. A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years
Reply to
·jils

dear tom/doe/s*****ad,,,

why have you not been cured yet by your babbling tirades of medicine??

you claim but did it cure you??

and again for the 100 time,, when you perform your bloodletting please tell us where you slice yourself open,, to let out the blood,,,

you refuse to discuss where we should cut ourselves,,, why??

is it that you dont perform this to yourself as you claim we all should to ourselves????

please enlighten us as to where one must slice and dice!!???????????????? for this bloodletting ceremony.

bobbyD

Reply to
·bobbyD

That's precisely the question I'd like to answer, myself: "Why?"

I figure by reading your own words explaining what is so important about all these factoids you're always shoving in everyone's faces, I could understand

*why* it is that you're willing to - sometimes it even seems like you're *trying* to - alienate yourself from all of humanity by doing so.
Reply to
·Michael