Mental note...

...never ever attempt to do an engine swap in an MR2 again! What a bitch of a job! Car now sat in garage in bits as we've run out of time. Back to work next weekend to try and get it finished. What I'd give for a garage that had power and was about 4 feet wider!!

Also meant no time to play with the Manta :(

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

You've got a garage ?

Luxury !

*mumbles* kids of today etc, I remember when all this was trees, I know where you live blah blah
Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

no mental note when doing an engine swap in a MK1 MR2 make sure it's a tuned

3SGTE you're putting in!

right off you go, now do it right hehe

Reply to
Vamp

Yeah my friend is on a car restoration course in Leeds and one of the students has done just that, tweaked it to 280bhp and the result is one mental little car.

Reply to
fishman

no fair i wanna do that one day :(

Reply to
Vamp

Well after buying a nice new 3 tonne BFO jack, the new engine is bolted back into the engine bay. Just gotta connect all the electrics, pipes etc back up and bleed the coolant system. Will it be running by this time tomorrow? Lets bloody well hope so!!

Now I'm off for some beers!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Carl Gibbs

Error An error has occurred.

Back to the Gallery

Error Detail +

Boo!

Reply to
DanTXD

Works fine for me!!

Engine now all hooked up but still not working. It dies after a few seconds of running, or when you give it some throttle, so there's a fueling issue somewhere, but I cant find it and it's getting dark again! Another week of Ovlov driving for the missus then!

Time for some more beers me thinks!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs