Modding dreams

Looks like most of us don't have the time or money to get involved in any massive projects. But what if...

Here's the deal. You win lotto tomorrow. You have enough money to leave work for good and put anything you want in the garage. And enough time and money to f*ck around with it all day every day. What would you build?

For starters I'd do a Mark II Jag with full lexus Soarer driveline and interior. Next cab off the rank would be a 71 Valiant Charger with the new

5.7 Litre Hemi running a centrifigal superchager. Probably followed up with a GT40 replica kit and an AC Cobra replica.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I'd hire a hit man to shoot anyone who'd do that to a MkII Jag.

There's sensible stuff to do with a MkII - usually involving XJ6 seats and engines. Sticking Jap crap in one is totally pointless and a good way of ruining a rare and valuable classic.

If you really wanted to mod a MkII - get hold of a scrapped XJ40 shape XJR, transplant the seats and some toys from the interior, then stick the engine and running gear from the XJR into the MkII.

Reply to
SteveH

Have you seen this geezers website

? Apart from the race car he's building and the 3 Ducatis in his living room, he has a very impressive collection (both past and present) of cars, doesn't seem to keep 'em very long, as he has storage issues. His new M5 lasted a couple of weeks I think....

I need money......

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Oh aye, forgot to mention, next project is probably another Locost, but slightly bigger, independant rear susp (maybe de-dion) running a Zetec with bike TBs and megasquirt :)

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

So tell us your dream so I can slag it off. ; )

Fraser

PS ever seen a MKII engine bay. Narrow as hell. A twin turbo 6 would drop straight in.

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Be great in a hard smash.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Nothing... I'd be straight down the local bike dealers ordering a Fazer

1000, pausing briefly at a BMW one to order the matching M5 and X5, and an Audi one to order the RS6, enroute.

And then I'd be on the phone to Ford to order a GT40 if any are available, and looking into an Overfinch Range Rover.

And hopefully they'd all be delivered in time for when I get back from my round world trip - do beers in Oz, yeah? ;)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

I would buy a nice brand new simple german executive saloon in base spec, and stare at it and love it. And I wouldn't even have a handfree kit or Navigation, unless it was factory.

Shit, I've been hanging arround here too long

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Holy shit, what a life!!

Notice the photos of another guys collection? A Delta S4, a couple of Quattros, an RS200, a BX 4TC, a Metro 6R4 and a Evo VI Makinen. BASTARD!! I'd kill just to own one of those cars!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Sounds like a plan. I'll take you for a spin in the Mark II. ; )

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

That site rocks.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

No one big project I suppose. A turbodiesel Lotus Elise sounds like it would annoy sufficient people to be worthwhile. :)

Reply to
DervMan

ROFL!

Well I'm going to be staring at a standard Accord for a good while longer.*

*disclaimer: usual practice is to wait a year to see how everybody else screws them up and learn from their mistakes.

**disclaimer 2: not going to change how it looks at least.

Reply to
DervMan

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Fraser Johnston wrote something quite bizarre, possibly in an effort to confuddle the world. It went like so;

I'd build a Dojj style Sierra 4x4 Estate 24v Twin Turbo - just cos I miss the old one.,and quite probably build a replica of Z181 using a the Ford GT's V8.

Oh, for those who don't know

I'd also build a replica of Ari Vatenens 1980 RS1800. The David Sutton prepared one, but with a hairy Rover V8 instead of the BDA. I know this is considered to be wrong, but I can't be doing with revvy little engines when big ones are so much nicer [1]... Although I'd get the RV8 to rev to 8.5 -

9k

A black Brabus EV12 Estate [2] would have to be on the shopping list, as would a black XJR and a "giallo fly" Integrale Evo 2 [3] with Miki Biasion fuel pump and chip conversion.

I'd have an immaculate RS2600 or Capri Perana for my daily driving though.

Aw.. bugger....[4]

[1] I am the anti-Jack when it comes to engines [2] the 7.3 V12 one W210 I think [3] Last of the Evos, no sunroof but aircon needed! [4] The EV12.. that's a big kraut car that looks standard.
Reply to
Pete M

Sera, powered by mid-mounted transverse 20B rotary (and another one with a V8), completely stock bar a couple of extra vents outside, fully retrimmed interior.

Vauxhall Ventora FE (though really based on a Victor 1800) with Chevy V8, purple metalflake, purple & white leather interior, chrome wheels, VX490 grille.

Citroen CX three-rotor (20B).

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Pagani Zonda F.

A Gallardo modded to look like this.

Probably an F430. Some big saloon, new M5 or summet for when I wanna go RCing and the like.

Reply to
DanTXD

probably an audi A4 quattro 3l V6 tdi with enough money thrown at it to yield 400 horses and an obscene amount of torque. as daily driver

then probably a tidy XR2, for fun a couple of classic alpina toys and maybe a 7 replica with a rotary lump :)

Reply to
Rob

I think I'd keep the Volvo, as I've started that one. Probably chuck in a penta cranked redblock, BFO turbo and aim for 500bhp, but keep the outside completely the same.

Would also like a Caterham to build - the nutty one whatever it's called these days.

Would need to be an SD1 in there somewhere - just a restoration project, the only mod being nice loud exhuats and maybe some engine improvments. Or maybe a turbo or 2.

A mk2 Escort with a S2000 engine would be good too to use on road rallies.

And I'd need a big workshop/garage to house these project plus all the other cars I would buy :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

C126 SEC with current AMG65 powertrain and brakes and suspension tweaked to suit...

E31 B12 Coupé with the 6.0 motor/autobox...

Split-screen Mictrobus, hot Porsche running gear...

Something less Tcherman too. :)

Alistair J Murray

For some reason while brushing my teeth this morning I had thoughts of a Boxster with a 996 turbo engine in it (or 997 Turbo when that comes out) given the RUF treatment of course, to be producing insane power.

Reply to
fishman