New Cars

NO !

WE are paying exactly the same as we did before !

The shit $ doesn't affect OUR prices one jot.

It ALSO doesn't affect THEIR prices !

It ONLY affects the cost of importing a car FROM the USA to the UK ! Which isn't really relevent to anything !

Duh, their economy is not our economy :) They pay completely different levels of completely different taxes on completely different things.

Reply to
Nom

Er, you mean exactly like we do now ?!?!?!

Whether we pay for healthcare through taxes, or directly is neither here nor there. The total cost doesn't change !

Then f*ck off !

What are you living here for ?

The UK is currently doing rather well for itself, compared to it's European peers. Our ecnonomy is in fine shape !

We do see them, and we don't pay *much* more, as we have all explained about

100 times. You just don't appear to be listening to any of the points raised :)
Reply to
Nom

What people are those ?

Our economy is in excellent shape, unemployment is at an all-time low - apart from the broken housing market, this is a *great* time to be an English citizen ! I certainly have no wish to leave.

We are infact doing *so* well, that we manage to whether the storm of Tony B.Liar doing his very best to knacker us !

Reply to
Nom

A few *pre-tax* examples:

Jeep Cherokee $32k or £31k

Honda CR-V $20k or £16k

Beetle 2.0 Convertible $21k or £16k

350Z $26k or £23k

Not my idea of "not much different to ours".

Reply to
Grant

It is not that much different, once you factor in the current exchange rate anomoly !

Reply to
Nom

Even if we use your pet rate of $1.50, we pay 45%, 20%, 15% and 33% more than they do.

Use the average rate for the last 3 years and we pay 30% to 65% more.

Reply to
Grant

No. You are. It was you that typed it :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

No for some reason oe with quotefix no longer works on mine when I spell check :(

Reply to
Ronny

No it doesn't, it has a massive impact on companies exporting to the USA who are getting substantially less for there products.

Reply to
Depresion

Something that must never be said, "they make bad cars".

said it and they haven't had him killed or sent to camp X (yet). Saying that MS domination of the world software and OS market is bad for security gets you sacked.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Yep - but those companies are not me, or you, or Ronny, so aren't really relevent to the original post :)

Reply to
Nom

They are not.

They are paying the same for their cars now, that they have always paid !

The weak dollar only makes American cars cheaper for us.

As I have said, about a million times :)

I'm not posting to this thread anymore :)

Reply to
Nom

The companies need to make money to stay afloat that has to come from somewhere. If they aren't making it in the states they must be making it elsewhere.

Reply to
Depresion

How much cheaper are Jeeps & PT cruisers than three years ago?

Reply to
Depresion