New Mod

Just sorted out a carbon fibre bonnet for meself, not cheap tho as its a one off!

You'll be flad to hear it doesn't feature a single lump bump or vent :)

Purely for the weight reduction and radar absorbing properties of course ;)

-- Chet

Chet

How much are you talking about? There is a company listing my car at £529 and I can't say I'm not tempted not that it's a fast car but I have heard of problems with the hinges on them. If a custom one isn't too much more expensive it may be better?

Reply to
Depresion

I was quoted 550+95 shipping if i supplied a bonnet for them to make a mould but i would've been crucified findin a bonnet (non vented, so my originals no good) and getting it to them so they agreed to get one in.

Altogether including shipping its costing me £620 but i'm getting the VAT off.

I'm happy to pay it as no-one does them for 19's and postage to another country on bonnets isn't normally cheap!

-- Chet

Chet

i think you got too much money.

Reply to
Theo

86 cent until friday :)

-- Chet

Chet

last of the big spenders

Reply to
Theo

got two cars might be of interest to you.

Reply to
Theo

there was a company in Essex that were going to do a group buy for MKII MR2's for carbon bonnets, rought cost worked out at £450 but you had to fit it yourself, they just made it.

although making a RWD mid engined car lighter at the front i think is a lil bit stupid :) i'd like a carbon engine lid on my MK1 and on the MKII if i grab one next year

Reply to
Vamp

Which two? I how yer man who runs it

-- Chet

Chet

"fit it yourself" ?

Er, remove bolts. Swap bonnet. Replace bolts.

:)

Reply to
Nom

You write for Haynes Nom ? ;)

Reply to
Tony Bond

yeah can't handle that :)

Reply to
Vamp

That would be remove bolts in the required order. Remove bonnet.

Refitting is the reversal of removal. Be sure to tighten the bolts to the correct torque.

Reply to
Depresion

Is it not "specified torque" :)

-- Chet

Chet

Specified torque that isnt actually specified but you have to look it up in some obscure section of the book!

Reply to
Max Hamlet

That'd be specified torque then, as in specified specifically in the torque specifications. (c:

Although I agree, its not always where you might expect and you always end up trawling through some obscure section of the book looking for it.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

LOL !

No, but I have swapped a bonnet in the past. It took me about 5 minutes, precisely following the instructions above :)

Reply to
Nom