No more Volvo.

Subject to all the panels being the same colour, and it starting from cold tomorrow morning, I'll be handing over £300 for a 1.8 Mondeo. 80,000 miles, GLX spec (1 notch above poverty, as far as I can tell), and very very tidy.

The SAAB T16 will be happening when I've got some more cash (most probably saved by not doing 15mpg to work and back).

Reply to
Doki

Boooooooooo Although, hopefully my beloved Ovlov will be going this week too :(

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Well mine is staying!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

It wasn't staying, but "going some," from that video I saw! :)

Reply to
DervMan

lmao

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Coming in late here, but GLX is a couple of steps up the ladder. There was the poverty spec Aspen (or Verona, one or t'other) and the LX before the GLX. And probably the Diesel too.

Reply to
Scott M

...although the house has just aquired a Volvo 440 GLT :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Ewwww.

Reply to
Doki

Not for me, but not a bad car as a runabout/tow car which is why it was needed.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

The Aspen was the mark two base model, for the mark one, there was no model name.

Damn I'd sad.

Reply to
DervMan

Not sad enough - there was indeed a Mk1 Aspen, but it wasn't introduced until near the end of the Mk1 life.

Reply to
Michael Rodgers

In news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, Michael Rodgers decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

"The Mondeo Aspen.. Poverty with a *HUGE* analogue clock where the rev counter should be.- Also available in the poverty spec Sierra Azura"

Reply to
Pete M

It's an embarrasment to the Mondeo range. It's so cheap and horrid it doesn't even have the bump strips on the side of the car.

Thank god they put the stupid thing out of its misery in the 1999 range-rehash.

Reply to
Michael Rodgers

It sounds like the 405 Style !

A very pretty young lady who I used to work with had one, in 1.9 Diesel guise. No rev counter and no power steering - she absolutely could not park it (hell, even grown men had trouble turning the wheel at low speed !) - it was truly nasty.

Reply to
Nom