Not the most productive day

Washed and waxed the 'wagon, cleaned and fed the leather.

Routed a 4-way adaptor from the lighter socket to under the armrest and ran a cable to power my Sat. Nav. on the right hand side of the instrument pods.

Then it all went wrong.

Bought a Kenwood Bluetooth / iPod head unit, pulled the old head unit and plugged the new one in.

Doesn't work.

It appears that installing an aftermarket head unit in a 156 with Bose isn't quite so simple.

Only one company appear to stock the wiring harness to sort it, and even having looked at the pictures I'm not convinced it'll do the job for me.

(It supposedly takes the line-level output from the head unit to the Bose amp. - but the head unit is only outputting 2 channels, so I'd lose my fader from what I can see)

Reply to
SteveH

Return head unit for one with full quota of line outs.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I've been a thick c*ut.

For some reason, I forgot that phonos carry both signal and ground....

Reply to
SteveH

Return user for one with more intelligence

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Heh-heh. Already starting to have "senior moments" at your age?

Reply to
Conor

He's going repping in an Alfa. If that's not a dementia-inspired idea what is?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

So it would work after all?

ROTFL... YTC.

hehe

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Yes, it would, once I've bought said wiring adaptor.

I'll have to buy another tomorrow.

Reply to
SteveH

Especially one with "I wouldn't touch it with yours"* Selespeed.

  • SteveH everytime selespeed is mentioned previously.
Reply to
Elder

Oh come on. It's "eccentric", not a senior moment.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

I always thing you have to worry if a fanboi says "I wouldn't touch it with yours". I actually hope it works, but selespeed has such a bad rep...

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Apparently Bose in A3s is hard work to get going with a 3rd party HU too, so it's not just italian electrics at play...

Reply to
Chris Bartram

I'm sure it's completely mad to buy a Selespeed for business... but it was seriously cheap for what it is.

OK, build date is late 2002 (checked the seatbelts earlier as I need to book a service and cambelt), but it's on a 56 plate, is a very nice place to be with its Momo leather and Bose audio. Plus, I needed something without a clutch pedal.

I've made sure I have a very good warranty, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed I won't have to use it.

Reply to
SteveH

I had a bitch of a time getting my jvc to talk to the Mcintosh amp in the Subaru. Ended up having to discover the pin outs and chop up the factory cable. Complete pain.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston