opinions of the Blaupunkt Modena

Looking at the latest CD53 model as they have on Bluspot.co.uk which seems to be cheaper there, than the CD51 and CD 52 models on sale else where.

I know it needs an additional cable, but that seems cheaper than the Pioneer and Sony Unilink solutions with their breakout boxes.

I imagine that the output will be at least as good as my basic Panasonic unit that I have in now, and the CarPC will sound much better than through the FM Modulator.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

oops, sorry, can you guess where this is meant for?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I have fitted Blaupunkt units to my last two cars - they are very good, reliable and clear sounding. Many have two aux inputs - but as you say the cable is required (but not dear) - most have amp outs and sub outs too making them very nice units for interfacing. Blaupunkt supply fascia adaptors, wiring adaptors and steering wheel interfaces too -

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

In article , snipped-for-privacy@timkemp.karoo.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Cheers Tim. The Blaupunkt ones look the best, Kenwood and Clarion that use simple cable add on seem to cost a lot more for a stereo, and Pioneer and Sony while cheaper units seem to need a breakout box like the Sony Unilink adaptor that costs a lot more.

Looks like I shall be ordering a Modena from Bluespot.co.uk unless you know anywhere cheaper.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Me too, previously a Casablanca with 10 disc changer, and currently a London. Whilst both dont have the whizzo bells and whisltes and funky graphics, they do IMHO give fantastic quality / £ when it comes to mid range units. I'm not talking Naka or Becker teritory though.

Have found bluespot to offer excellant service when the London needed its laser recalibrated- was within warranty, and paid for everything inc carriage and even sent me a similar model i could put in the car whilst mine was in the workshop.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

In article , snipped-for-privacy@btinternetdot.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Wow, the London on Bluespot looks cool cool, and only £30 more than the Modena. Nice.

Is the front removable on the London? That is pretty much an essential.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

LOL I cant seem to find the London on the bluespot website ?!? Anyways, its keycard security, not removable front panel, which IMHO is alot more practical that carting half the radio about...!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

It's actually under the October specials at £180 something. Bargain. More worried about some scrote breaking in, and having it away, before they realise that it is useless.

At least if they look through the window, and it is a bare front, they won't touch it.

Seems like so many more features, for the special offer price.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Damn. Needless to say I paid RRP grr!!! At that price I wouldnt hesitate in buying it....

Loads of features, the built in electronic EQ is dead handy for setting up a system where you have amps /components and/or a sub etc and lots of menus and options to play about with. The internal amp is fairly strong, but doesnt do the cd drive justice- I have a 4 channel amp + sub.

Only thing I have found is the tuner sensitivity isnt as strong as some so if you are in a weak signal area you may have more ghosting than you'd like...

Oh and if you have a Ford Zetec with the silver dash- the colour match is spot on. :) Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Yeah, but usually people leave the faceplate in the car- under seat or glovebox, so they break in anyways.

The keycard is behind the facia which you drop down as if to insert a cd. With the card removed and the facia left dropped there is big red print revealed saying 'keycard removed' and a red flashy LED.You also get some window stickers to remind would be theives. The casablanca and london have spanned 4 cars and i've not had any attempted break ins at all.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

going into a Saab with a black dash.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Was over at my brothers for a meal at an italian in crewe on Saturday. very wet night.

Came out of the restaurant to find someone had wiped their arm down to window to clear the rain, to see what was in there, that was with a blinking LED for the alarm, stickers about the alarm on all glass surfaces, tinted windows, a black dash, with a black HU with the face off, in a dark carpark, in a B reg Saab.

Some people will attempt to steal anything.

Had my old Skoda Favorit broken into, they left the kickpods with Pioneer speakers, they left the parcel shelf with pro-Plus 7x10's even though they went through the boot, they left the proplus CD player because the face was off, and they left the copy CDs I had in there. All they took was a manky old jacket I kept there incase of breakdown. And that was in Warrington, and not particularly a bad part.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I think your in the wrong ng.

Reply to
Theo

In article , theo*+*@*+*letsblowitup*.*com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Hmm, don't know if uk.rec.thieving.bastards is available on my server.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

lol doesnt mean you have to post in this one.

Reply to
Theo

Er, except that the thief won't know that. So they'll break in, and steal it anyway !

Reply to
Nom

Rubbish - I found his story very interesting.

If you don't like it, then don't read it.

Reply to
Nom

Well true, the average yob casual theif might not know, however with the front down he can't tell what kind of stereo is there. 50-50 i suppose...

tim..

Reply to
Tim..

They don't care - they'll just nick it anyway.

Remember he only needs £10 for his next hit !

Reply to
Nom