OT: Ewwww

Back in the UK. It was 81 degrees F when we left LA. Around 35 back in Manchester. A pity that our luggage is in Zurich then. :-/

Now currently feeling like I have tonsillitis. Man I hate airlines for this.

Reply to
DervMan

Blame the no smoking rule, since that was introduced the airlines don't circulate nearly as much clean air into the cabin saving them fuel.

Reply to
Depresion

Yup this is true, recently with low cost flights etc pilots have been turning the "air packs" off leaving only 1 or 2 for the passengers, you need to ask the stewardess to ask the pilot to turn on all packs as you don't think you are getting enough air, or just ask to have the same air as the pilots. Also they are real noisy in the cockpit so they turn one or two off, there are 3 on most commercial flights :)

(irrelevant information off mode)

Reply to
Ronny

Cool, so I can spread infection with everybody? :)

Reply to
DervMan

At least you're not surrounded by fat bastards anymore though.

Reply to
fishman

Of course he is, he's come back to the UK.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Get orff moi larrrnd !

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Have you ever thought of moving somewhere less pikey?

:-P

Reply to
SteveH

What, like Wales? :D

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Well, exactly. Never get anything like that around here.

Reply to
SteveH

Too many sheep, i mean, distractions ;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

I'm a bit tempted - my sister's out there, and my brother's just come back from a month over there for Christmas, and said they're paying $80k/year in the mines at Kalgoorlie (sp?) just for dumper truck drivers, and $120k/year for surveyors fresh out of uni. Now I haven't yet stayed at uni long enough to actually finish a degree, but it only takes 3 years, and I'm not *that* old to still think about doing it....

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The fly in fly out mining lifestyle is a bit of a killer. The money is pretty bloody good. The cost of living is pretty cheap over here. Especially if you have a house you can flog over there and can take advantage of the exchange rate.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

That's one thing that would detract me from it, yes.

Aye, that's the PITA bit - I've got bugger all in terms of property here to move over there with and get a nice gaff - know some people that did though - sold a 3-bed semi in Bracknell (Berkshire) that wasn't worth massive amounts as far as prices over here goes, but it got them something very nice out in Perth, with plenty of change. It's things like that that are reason for me sticking it out another 5-6 years over here first. Maybe more, who knows...

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Name somewhere less pikey. I dare you. I've been to London; pikeys are bloody mobile. Glasgow? Hell no. Edinburgh? No chance; I've been in some nice areas of Edinburgh and have seen more unpleasant behaviour than in Leeds. Leeds? Famous for pikeyness. Newcastle? Heh. Swansea, Cardiff?

And the small out of town areas are even worse. I'm glad that I don't live on a housing estate; that's my idea of hell.

We are considering a small farm in West Yorkshire, but so is half the population of London, so the prices are a bit steep :/

Of course, less pikey would be Canada.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK