OT, had a little Comp panic.

Currently I have sort of rounded (seperated at the end, and folded further down, and cable tied) they have worked for many years now.

But I'm sorting things slowly so I can move to decent cooled case, instead of my standard one.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

One of those displaying dying symptoms was a Seaget Baracuda ATA. It is the youngest of the small drives in the system. The one still working is the oldest. It is Samsung. All the new drives are Samsung. I've heard bad things about them in the past, but I've never had any problems, and while losting my downloads/installs, it wouldn't be a major problem, just an arseache.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Cheers Nom, will give them a try.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

> and
on wierdo-madness boards :)> >

AOL.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Broadband is the work of hard disk manufacturers. I'm sure of it. Since getting 11meg broadband I have been downloading 90 gig a month.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

11meg??? who are you with ...........
Reply to
aussie bongo

iinet. An aussie ISP. I'd be getting 12 if I was a bit closer to the exchange.

It's ADSL2 connection.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Another reason to emigrate, methinks... ;-)

Reply to
JackH

And talking of sinister plots - does anyone believe that many speed bumps are the by-product of back-handers from shock absorber manufacturers to local councils?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

thanks frazer but i can not see on their site about 11mb conection i can find the 1.2megs

Reply to
aussie bongo

no i think the councils own them

Reply to
aussie bongo

Hint : what's 12M in K?

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Or is it how they dispose of the bodies of their enemies.....

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Front page under News heading:- iiNet Launches ADSL2 With Speeds of up to 12000 kbps

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

1.2megs
Reply to
aussie bongo

...are an ISP ?

Reply to
Nom

Thats why we should all drive hydropneumagic Citroens!

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

You really are thick as pig shit aren't you?

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

If 1500k = 1.5 megs then 12000k = ?????