OT: On the BBQ.

It was unbelievable. There was just the right amount of cool breeze as well to take the heat out of the sun so you could sit and watch the racing without feeling like you were being baked to death - downside being that many didn't feel the need for suncream.

Attendance was mental, especially compared to last year where it rained all weekend.

Reply to
Conor

Likewise. First time I've been this year so it was a shock to see it closed. I've got countless photos of burnouts from there - no more it seems.

Reply to
Conor

There was a lot of nice Yank stuff there as well, I think something must've been going on at Billing.

Reply to
Conor

Not this year. Currently capperless due to a bit of bad timing and a let down. Sold my 2L on Pistonheads in the middle of May to fund getting a V6, a deal on a supposedly solid car fell through, a bit like said V6's floorpan.

Saw two for sale at the CF show. One was a 24V Cosworth conversion for a rather sensible price and the other was a standard 2.8i V6 which, whilst solid in all the right places, had a bit of crusty here and there and I'd want to probably just do a "power not paint" rat job with it if I go for that. Oh, and one of the two remaining Swaymar Capris was for sale too but at £10k, it's a bit out of my reach without having to borrow money. Can't understand why the guy is selling that when he has 3 other Cappers far less rare, even though he wants a TVR. He's an oil refinery worker so hardly skint.

Reply to
Conor

Ah I'm losing track, I thought you still had that thing with the paint job...

Can I interest you in

Reply to
Abo

Nope , I was at Oulton Park watching the touring cars go round (and the = Ginettas crash).

It was pretty busy :0)

--=20 Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger , then I hide until it goes away"

Reply to
Dr Zoidberg

LOL, no. Sold that to some fantasist who thought he was a car dealer. He then tried to punt it on Autotrader for £1950 and the last time I saw it, it was for sale with a "please buy it, I just want shut of it" price tag at less than he paid for it. I suspect he still has it.

Apart from not having "Lakes Tour" stickers in the window, that looks remarkably similar, if not identical, to the one that I saw yesterday apart from the fact its £1300 more than the one I saw.

Reply to
Conor

Woops! I had a quick look on the trader just in case but it's not there. Probably stuck on his drive ;)

I did see this, though:

Reply to
Abo

Three red flags at least?

Reply to
Abo

the Ginettas crash).

The crash in the G50 race was pretty nasty , and the Ginetta Juniors = managed an impressive shunt too (and some excellent racing as well). No serious injuries though which is nice.

--=20 Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger , then I hide until it goes away"

Reply to
Dr Zoidberg

Aye, it was up for sale about 3 years ago for £3500 before the engine got uprated but even then, it was quite a tasty spec.

Reply to
Conor

Ginettas crash).

an impressive shunt too (and some excellent racing as well).

Yeah, I've seen Proccy take some hits in ASCAR but that was a big one yesterday.

Reply to
Abo

Good stuff isn't it.

Reply to
Elder

Wouldn't know, my mam had a couple of glasses and my wife and sister drank the rest...

Reply to
Abo

by 'non beer drinker' you mean that warm bitter shit then yeah

Reply to
Vamp

No, he means that irrespective of whether you have a beard and like warm ale, Bud still isn't beer. (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Try Budvar, Urquell, Herold, even Turkish Efes FFS. Then tell me you like Bud.

Reply to
Elder

He will. People who drink that trash brewed from floor-sweepings have no taste buds. I went down to the local pub from work a couple of months ago with blerks I work with. One of them is a Budweiser drinker. I was drinking Doom Bar and he asked to try it, so I got him a half. He hated it, not cold enough and not gassy enough.

Reply to
Steve Firth

'non beer drinker' you mean that warm bitter shit then yeah

Nobody heard of Krusovice? God's own beer and so hard to find in this country. Comes in light and dark varieties and is at its best when you mix the two together (Czech bar staff call it a gisani (sp?) when you order it).

Just got back from Croatia, where I enjoyed rather a lot of the local brew, Karlovacko. The local Merlot was excellent too (strangely came in a 1 litre bottle with a beer-style metal lid instead of a cork).

Weird enough, when I google either of those beers, I find an Australian online beer retailer who carries both of them. Yet nobody in this country sells them!

As an aside, I can 100% recommend Croatia. Nice weather, good driving roads, very little traffic and a coastline so beautiful that you think someone's Photoshopped the world to make it look better!

That said, the weather that inspired the OP... when I got off the plane at Stansted on Tuesday it felt hotter than when I got on at Pula airport.

Reply to
SPAMMEIFYOULIKEBUTIWONTREADIT

Bud is like making love in a boat.

I like ale and lager, but a lot of the more popular lagers are just tasteless crap, and Bud is just about the worst of the lot.

Reply to
Chris Bartram