OT: phones

And they don't offer connectivity via GPRS yet.

Orange may do similar deals.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

No it doesn't. It looks like someone left the clay model in the oven too long.

Reply to
SteveH

From the man who bought an Alfa 75.

They forgot to take the wooden frame off the clay model before they gave that to the bodyshop lads.

(c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

You say that when you own a golf cabrio a 75 and a Primera, yah ok Oh and I haven't had anyone else say its anything but nice looking.

Seriously though, are you just really sad and lonely? Is that the only reason you only ever post negative things, to try and somehow make yourself feel bigger?

Not that i'm really bothered but I do wonder sometimes.

Reply to
Andy R

snip phone-related shennanagins

My neighbour has one of those (not the ltd version), and I've wondered how Hyundai can get away with calling it a "Coupe", when it's a hatchback?

Reply to
Jamesy

Nono, he's right. It's looks like dog's gonads. And really, who wants to stare at those all the time?

Hyundai Coupes /are/ surprisingly good. For a Korean car. Attractive, they are not. The current one is a different matter, it's like the Koreans stole the Ferrari 612 designer at an early stage and left one of their own in his place.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Which ones the F2 then...? Someone get me a link whapped up - i get confused by all these different models :)

I quite like them all, and have heard nothing but good things about they way they drive.

Reply to
Dan405

no way! have you seen the size of that bastard! the P900 and the Nokia 6600 are a lot more usable in size...

Reply to
Vamp

I have the P900, its absolutely brilliant in my books!

As mentioned, dont buy it if you are after just a phone. But I actually use most of the features that it has on it.

Some people think its abit big, to me it is just the right size, it sits in my hand nicely and its not too heavy. I cant think of anything else I would put in the spare space if i had a smaller phone.

Max

Reply to
Max Hamlet

I think the clue's in the link, about 2 posts further up the thread (c:

I like the look of the current model, not so sure about the one Andy R has, but I wouldnt discount one untill I had driven it, looks dont matter too much to me although there probably are cars I wouldnt own because of their looks.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I thought the P900 was nearly as big. Anyway, I don't use the phone as a phone, that's what Bluetooth is for - got a little Sony HD-35 headset that is tiny and paired to it.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

OK - the MkI Cabrio is an absolutely classic design. I'm not convinced VW have designed a better looking Golf since then. The Primera may be dull and boring, but it goes well and just, well, works. Great commuter car (it's getting some serious abuse at the moment - projected mileage this year is in excess of 20k miles). The 75 is an aquired taste to look at (Personally, I love it) - but it's got 150bhp, not very much weight (split 50/50 front/rear) and is RWD. It's also the last real Alfa Romeo.

Yeah, right. Sad and lonely isn't something I've done for about 8 years now.

NAHAY?

Reply to
SteveH

Is it f*ck.

It's one of the best looking mass produced cars ever, end of.

Reply to
Lordy

One of the new Mercedes Coupe's being launched soon is also a hatchback. With four doors.

Car manufacturers... marketing department driven wankers, the lot of them.

Reply to
Lordy

Too true, it's an ugly worry wart.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Noted just after i sent :)

Reply to
Dan405

Heh. I was being deliberately tame with my posting.

Massively impressed that I'm not the only fan :-)

Reply to
SteveH

Seems an awful lot of money for a 4 year old Hyundai.

Reply to
SteveH

Well, if your comparing it to cars in it's class and not looking at the badge.

Well sod u all:-) I like it, and I think it looks nice in the flesh, better than the pics(eye of the beholder I know), full leather interior a few bits of chrome round the gearstick and stuff, and its got ABS, Air con and cruise control.

Its not alot at all if your comparing it to other coupes in its class. But I do agree in general it is overpriced when compared to a similarly equipped hatchback or saloon, but then that is the nature of the beast.

Kinda like buying a A4 over a Passat, ur buying a greater image (coupe-hatchback)

Thanks for the info ron, gonna email myself a pic now:-)

Oh, and any info you got on the HID kits, was considering doing it to my old coupe, but as it was the basic model I didn't see the point. But now I might just do it.

It already has prejection lenses, I dunno if that changes anything...?

Reply to
Andy R

Same money would buy a same age Fiat Coupe Turbo or Alfa GTV6. Makes the Hyundai look _very_ expensive now.

And the full compliment of cheap, brittle Jap-style plastics on the dashboard.

See above.

What!? - You've paid £7.5k for a no-image, no-name, 3rd world Coupe.

The Audi name is worth a lot more than fancy styling.

Not much point - aftermarket kits are stupidly expensive for very little gain, and are nowhere near as good as OEM kit.

Reply to
SteveH