PDA/phone mount

When I got my car, they had some mounting/bracket things already attatched to the dash and near the gearbox. I was told that the one on the dash was for a mobile phone car kit, and the other was for a certain type of anti theft device that involves the gearstick as well as the steering wheel.

I'm about to buy a PDA etc for GPS in my car, and I need a mounting kit - would I be able to use the bracket on the dash for it? Where could I find a kit for it? I figure that if it's there, I might as well use it if possible ;)

Also does anyone have any info on a steering wheel and gearbox lock thing that uses that bracket? I'm guessing they'll be mega ££ ;)

Here's some pics of the above things:

(chewing gum and a spark plug box, oh what a life I lead. *g*)

TIA Rachel

Reply to
Rachel

Of course, the first line should read "When I got my car, *it* had some mounting/bracket things already attatched to the dash and near the gearbox"...

Reply to
Rachel

One looks like a Nokia bit but that means nothing at all in this context.

Er... no, the PDA won't fit too well on that.

If you want a top class windscreen mount, there's a company called RAM - Rounded Automotive Mounts - who make rather good kit for this purpose. Not the cheapest in the world, yank though so ATM =

Having got one of these things you quickly think it is simple, effective, and everything else seems plastic instead. I daresay there are other makes just as good.

I dunno about the rest of the fittings.

Reply to
Questions