Pinto experts

You didn't "O" ring the head then that's the way to go for no blow head gaskets ;-) Rich

Reply to
Rich

No. Thats the commercial / consumer / "obvious" way to go. Binning the gaskets is way better. Nothinjg to give/break/leak. And it diddnt, enen when trev tried 800 bhp extra nitrous at the strip.

Reply to
Burgerman

How much torque did you use on the head bolts? I'm guessing a metric fuckload.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Machined block, machined heads, a smear (not much!) of gasget gung and stock torque settings. Alloy motor, alloy heads, flat surfaces, both the same expansion/contraction, its like it was meant this way! Why put a steel gasket in between! Something else to fail.

When drag racing, even silicon was used. Yes I know petrol kills it! It works long enough!

Reply to
Burgerman

Mad bugger. I love it.

Fraser