Re: another tidy NSX!

It's hardly a 'factory' car - it's a hand-built, low volume Supercar, with a price tag to match.

There's no evidence to say that car is any lighter, either, by the time they've slapped on the panels and filler etc. it's likely to be heavier

- ISTR the NSX is aluminium, so there's not massive amounts to weight to be saved anyway.

Lets put it this way - you wouldn't go slapping a bodykit on a Ferrari

355.
Reply to
SteveH

People do slap bodykits on Ferraris. The NSX is a factory car more than a Ferrari, they build them to a price. The widebody probably adds weight but that's how they race them in the Japanese Touring car series. The NSX is aluminium but then again so is the front end of my WRX and my GTR. Both would lose weight with carbon fibre. But would cost twice as much.

Fraser

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Do they do a Mk3 MR2 Turbo then, or is that an implant jobbie?

I quite like the Mk3 MR2 (MR2 Roadster) - a lot less lardy, IMHO, than the Mk2, and almost a return to the spirit of the original. Did they ever get around to putting the 190bhp Celica engine in it?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I hired one for the weekend last year. I still don't know if I love or hate the clutchless manual gearbox in it.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

nope although i heard rumours toyota did a limited run of TRD kitted MK3's with the 3SGTE turbo lump in them!

there's loads of turbo kits banging about for the Mk3 and are good for

200bhp on a low boost set up, there aint much room in them sadly! i love them but there a bit pricey still, a 2001 plate sold at work in black with black leather this week to trade for £8800
Reply to
Vamp