Re: Audi TT / Rover 620ti - V Cool or V Uncool ?

Agreed.

Reply to
Nom

Fair enough. Not something I'd noticed though.

Eh ?

I disagree. Only the TI is any good, and only then because of the engine. The non-turbo 600s are crap - there's nothing in their favour. If you're not concerned about power, a 406 (along with PLENTY of others) is a much better car.

A sporting car ? Er, what on earth does this have to do with the Rover 600 ? It couldn't be any LESS sporting !

How "involving it is to drive" doesn't concern me at all. As I've said many times, I want a big, comfortable car that can get me places quickly. I don't want to pay too much for said car. If I wanted a sporting car, I wouldn't own a Rover 600 !

Reply to
Nom

It's not really in the same league as the TI though. Think "in-gear times"...

Reply to
Nom

How many miles has it done? Chains are supposedly good for 250k and upwards.

Reply to
Pete

THAT'S the word I was looking for :)

Reply to
dojj

Hmm, my plums certainly aren't purplish brown. Well, except for when we're a bit short on the old toilet roll like :)

Reply to
Lordy

oh dear, bottom* of the barrel.

Reply to
Theo

Too much information . . .

Reply to
DervMan

The 328i even? 193 PS or whatever?

We've had one on the fleet (the chap is now running a 323Ci). Great piece of kit - creamily smooth, even quite economical, torquey, powerful if you hold on to a gear long enough. As rapid to drive? Probably quicker on the racing track, but on the road the 620ti's lower gearing makes a big difference. It's acceleration is easily used, it's a bit harder in the

328i.

Money no object? That'll be the 328i. Otherwise, the 620ti makes a strong argument.

Reply to
DervMan

with the J reg onwards shape the 323i was a 2.5i with 170 bhp and the 325 was a 2.5i with 192 bhp, the 328 was a 2.8i with 193 bhp

Reply to
Theo

LOL, oops I meant to say Is faster than it looks:-)

Reply to
Andy R

Fair enough, we'll let it off then! :o)

Reply to
Pete

It's comfy down there tho, heh.

Reply to
Lordy

doesnt the echo annoy you? :)

Reply to
Theo

Yes it does.

Correct.

Correct.

But it's not. Only the 225bhp TT is quicker than the TI, and even then, it's not *quick* for a so-called 225bhp sports car.

No ! The TT is SLOWER than it looks. The TI is FASTER than it looks. Hence the TI is as fast as the TT looks.

I think you're failing to understand the discussion :)

Reply to
Nom

Seconded !

Reply to
Nom

yeah tis so true.

Reply to
Theo

That would be loonacy :D

Reply to
Nom

No!!:-) The TT is slower than it looks, and yes the Ti, is faster than it looks, but if you wanna be picky, saying the Ti is as fast as the TT looks is saying thats its noticably faster than a TT (I was talking about the 225 anyway) which it isn't. So tthats WRONG:-)

Yes it's the opposite as in it looks slow and goes fast, and the TT looks fast but doesn't goes as well. But the 225 is still faster than a Ti. But that statement phrased the way it was and not including the poverty TTs is actually implying the Ti is quicker than a TT...

Well, your all looneys anyway, so probably

Reply to
Andy R

Accepted! Given that most of the TT's on the road are 150's and 180's, it was a (slightly inaccurate) generalisation. We'll be on about Z3 1.9's next....

Don't have any figures to hand, so no comment. The original comment was aimed primarily at the single exhaust brigade of TT's, and making a comment that 600Ti's are pobably driven quicker than the _majority_ of Audi TT's.

I know which one i'd rather do a 400 mile motorway run in, and it's not the German one...

I think the discussion failed to be understandable about 30 posts ago! Even i've lost track of my own comments...

Can't argue with that ;-)

Reply to
Phil Howard