Re: Various Vauxhall Carlton Spares

Talking of Lotus Carltons.. I've got something here you might like... the

> two books given to Lotus Carlton buyers when new. > > one is about 12" square and actually screwed together (?). It's just called > "Lotus Carlton". Appears to be the original "Brochure" type effort, but a > lot more serious than the usual kinda thing. > > The other one is a bit bigger and in the first page has a certificate stuck > in which says "This exclusive edition is presented to Sir Thomas Arnold MP > by Kirkby Central, Bolton, as a memento of ownership of Lotus Carlton number > 0240". Signed by Paul Tosch (MD Vauxhaul at the time, blue biro), and Mike > Kimberley (Chairman Lotus Cars, black marker type squiggle).. > > Next page says "This is a limited edition of 1750 copies of which this is > number 34" > > Interesting read for a Carlton freak, especially as they basically tell you > how to build a Lotus Carlton out of a 24v.. (as that's all they did anyway).

Well I was going to make you an offer on it, but it's my birthday on Sunday, so I'll just email you my address shall I :-)))

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

HANDS OFF! LOL

Mr. Pete M, i expect an email, reply address is a goodun :)

-- Chet

Chet

I'll give a pound more than you will.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Don't underestimate my spending ability on LC related merchandise, see link below ;)

-- Chet

Chet

24

Nutter! You could have had my Volvo for that!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

> 24

The way you say that its almost like you think that'd be a better idea :)

-- Chet

Chet

Ooooh, my dad did photography for Kirkby Central back in the 70s. Buses and the like, IIRC.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

> 24

Have you ever tried servicing a Lotus Carlton, using an old Volvo ?

Reply to
Nom