Re: Will I roast Green stuff pads?

Power band? Are you having a laugh?! With the good 'ole SU and long stroke deisign of the pushrod motors they dont rev!

If you have a 16v under the bonnet, then yes- you'd know to know about a power band... (and how to change h/g's in 45mins..)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

The 1300 is very revvy in comparison to the 1500.. and with the ludicrously low geared final drive, it does need to be kept on song to actually move at all...

With twin carbs it was really a challenge to keep up speed, but thankfully lack of modern day electronics limiting the revs meant I could happily take it past the red line when trying to get it up hills (the ratios in that box were never meant to get a ton of metal with 60hp up a hill that steep..).

The 1500 is quite tricky to keep going up any sort of slope too - Too low geared to use the torque, too s**te an engine to have any top end go.

I think I must be one of the few Dolomite owners who just doesn't want a Sprint. For all the gutless crappiness of my small engines, and the way they chew bearings, at least I don't have silly head studs, leaking water pumps, oil getting in my plug tubes, headgaskets going, etc.

I do want the extra power though, which is why I'll be looking for a nice

16v (M or T for the pedants) "O" series or maybe at a push an efi 8v one when I've got a hoist and some spare cash :)
Reply to
Stuffed