Rear window aerials

the 328 had two going straight down the rear window some cars i've seen have

2 going down one of the back side windows, i'm sure one of my parents cars had them in a back side window forget which car could have been a mitsubishi space wagon (going back a bit lol)
Reply to
Vamp

Oi! Cheeky young tyke. R1 is utterly repetitive and as mind-numbing as BBC3, R2 is for those who have given up on life, R3 is worthy but periodically disappears up it's own bottom and local radio seems to be

60% advertising. R4 constantly has new content, and actually encourages you to think about stuff - it's not for the elderly, it's for those who aren't dead of brain.

Or maybe I'm only saying that 'cos I'm over 30...

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Radio 2 is fine for me. Wogan in the morning, Ken Bruce's pop quiz, listen to CDs when Jeremy Vine is on, Wrighty in the afternoon - hopefully with Ask Elvis, and then Chris Evans on the way home. Nothin' wrong with that.

Reply to
Pete M

Aaaaghh. Nooooooooo......

is a comforting way to sink slowly into senescence...

Very wise.

Er, dunno, never listened to that, although I disliked him many years ago on R1.

Well, apart from Chris Evans making you want to drive into people, just in case one of them is him, and getting home in a foul mood 'cos you've wrecked your car and he's still somehow not been killed, no. On the positive side, at least he isn't Chris Moyles...

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Heh-heh...not only me that tunes out when that moron comes on then?

Haven't you ever listened to the "D Zone" he does on a Friday night when he plays Tom Jones Delilah? Funny as hell, especially when he gets the deep sea guys on singing it who have been living in an undersea chamber berathing air with a very high helium content.

Reply to
Conor

I've never liked Moyles, but always been a fan of Chris Evans - always used to turn over to R2 at 5pm, but these days Geoff Lloyd's (formerly of Pete + Geoff) back on the drivetime (aka 'Home time') slot on Absolute (ex-Virgin), and I decided that it was a tough call but he's more my thing than Chris Evans so that gets my vote.

Reply to
AstraVanMann

I guess that makes me *really* old because I listen to Radio 4 podcasts via the SD card slot on my radio. That way I don't get the plays and the bloody Archers all the time, I just get the interesting stuff that's on at all sorts of times including 4am...

Reply to
PCPaul

It's not R4 at 4am. World Service.

But the plays and comedies are some of the best stuff on R4.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Comedies yes. Plays leave me cold. Especially as I tend to listen in 10 minute bursts these days.

Maybe I'm not quite *that* old just yet? ;-)

Reply to
PCPaul

I dunno. When I were a lad things like Play for Today and Armchair Theatre etc on TV were very much discussed in the playground. Some of the very best writers in the country would produce 90 minute scripts. Now if kids watch much TV drama at all it seems to be soaps.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)