Scumball rally

As in this:

What's the collective opinion on the pros and cons of doing it?

Someone please persuade me it's a very bad idea ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

If my mum would let me park that s**te old R5 Turbo on the drive, or that poorly modded MOTless Punto GT you showed me, I'd be coming with you assuming I was mobile by then :)

Reply to
DanTXD

That's not quite the reply I was hoping for ;-)

Are you old enough to co-drive the 75?

Reply to
SteveH

i'd go i'd even co pilot a *shudder* 75 with steve! be 25 next year unless you have to be pension age for that kind of 'old rusty classic' :) personally my choice for under 1k would be an old MR2 MK1 as i know that would make it all the way!

Reply to
Vamp

I dunno, I'm 23, but you should be aware, I'm not known for my mechanical sympathy ;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

Buy this to do it in - it would be funny as f*ck -

Reply to
DanTXD

*cough*

DanTXD

That's not even remotely silly enough.

Reply to
SteveH

As long as you don't have to go round any roundabouts...

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Who cares what the pro's and con's are, If you're even considering it, do it. You only live once.

Reply to
Homer

There's no point next year is allready full.

Reply to
Depresion

Where does it say that?

Oh, right, I've subscribed and found out there is actually activity on the forum. Shame it wasn't more obvious - if you don't subscribe, it looks dead in there.

Reply to
SteveH

I keep thinking o doing a VW only one called the GolfBall but it seems like a silly idea and a lot of work.

Reply to
Depresion

Didn't say that at 1am this morning.....

Oh well. The timescale between it being open for entries and closing was far too short for me to be able to plan anything anyway.

Reply to
SteveH

Do you know how much entry was?

Reply to
Depresion

Yes, around £800 - £900 per car of 2 people.

This is why I didn't slap in an entry as soon as I saw it - it's not something you can do at the drop of a hat.

Reply to
SteveH

And raising money for good causes without realising it too.

Reply to
Elder