So What Do I Do

Thing are looking up and in about a year I'll have enough to have another toy (fingers and toes crossed)

So...........

Do I buy a 3R M12

Or.....

Build an Ultima GTR

I really really want an M12. But both are mentalist quick, have immense impact and I can build a quicker Ultima for the money. Don't want an M3, 911 older 355 etc. cause their really not my style (too flash). Keep thinking Noble but then think of that Yank Muscle soundtrack the Ultima would have. I would ask t'other halfs opinion but she'll go mental if she thinks I'm considering another one ;-)

Matt

Reply to
**-**

BTW: If anyones seen a Titanium GTO3 with black and silver leather, track sump and 6sp box up for sale recently let me know cos I don't know where it went :-(

Matt

Reply to
**-**

ROFL don't worry their there. Their less audible in the 3's than in the 2.5 due to their location further back in the bay in the 3. The 2.5's as JC so perfectly described sound a lot like Darth Vader.

Matt

Reply to
**-**
**-** raved thus:

:: Thing are looking up and in about a year I'll have enough to have :: another toy (fingers and toes crossed) :: :: So........... :: :: Do I buy a 3R M12 :: :: Or..... :: :: Build an Ultima GTR :: :: I really really want an M12. But both are mentalist quick, have :: immense impact and I can build a quicker Ultima for the money. Don't :: want an M3, 911 older 355 etc. cause their really not my style (too :: flash). Keep thinking Noble but then think of that Yank Muscle :: soundtrack the Ultima would have. I would ask t'other halfs opinion :: but she'll go mental if she thinks I'm considering another one ;-)

Get the Noble and mod it. I didn't hear any dump valves in the M12 sound track on Top Gear tonight so start with a couple of those...

Abo

Reply to
Abo

Reply to
PJJ

Is that the one that was on Top Gear tonight? The red one? One of them? That was pretty damn sweet...

They are insane......it would suit you ;) Personally i think i'd rather have the Noble tho....

Its been nicked? I thought you'd flogged it? Harsh.

Reply to
Dan405

No I sold it but the plan was to keep track where it went then buy it back in 6months or so if everything worked out. Trouble is it went back to the dealer, who then had the Noble arm of their dealership removed (they we're s**te) and I don't know where it went from there.

Reply to
**-**

Okay................

Reply to
**-**

Ah, but on the plus side at least things are looking up :D

Reply to
Dan405

Indeed.

So you reckon Ultima, I reckon Ultima in theory but it'd take 12months to build it whereas I can pick up a 6 month old Noble tomoz (so to speak). Dunno if I'd be happy buying a second hand Ultima, unless it was a factory build one.

Reply to
**-**

No no, i said Noble if its one of them new 3.0 ones like the one of TG tonight :)

Come onto MSN and justify each ones case to me! I'm boooooooooooored

Reply to
Dan405

To be fair thats a bit harsh. Most know that I've been through the mill recently (and with other events I really didn't need it). By all means post to get a response but don't resort to trolling to get peoples backs up.

Reply to
**-**

On my way. The one of top gear (if it was the red un I missed it) was a 3R, I'd just want a GTO 3. Different front clamshell and headlights on the R and it carries a 5K premium.

Reply to
**-**

You are Hugo Taylor-Jones, I claim my free cruise on daddy's yacht ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

ROFL hardly mate, my credit card doesn't have enough limit to buy a new car on it (remember that one a HTJ classic ;-))

Reply to
**-**

get ur head out ur ass.

Reply to
Theo

mate get the noble and give me a nice job, anything paying 25k a year is fine :)

Reply to
Vamp

Watch that vid you showed me again, no contest as long as it gets THAT V8 lol

-- Chet

Chet

I like that 911 too flash but an Ultima isn't? RS4 or 6 not flash enough? How much are you looking at spending in total? A basic GTR kit is just under £15 grand plus VAT. Then you need all the other parts probably the best part of £5k for a good engine so you are looking at £20 though plus vat as a start so even being generous on all the other bits you may want / need £25,000 will get you a lot of car second hand even if you don't have the satisfaction of having built it yourself. How about a 1994 Bentley Turbo R or a 2000 Vette 5.7? Would an '81 DMZ Delorean be too quirky for you? I guess a V8 Dodge Ram wouldn't be up your street though. Or a 1972 (should be tax exempt) Lamborghini Espada?

Reply to
Depresion

Yes, everyone knows what a Porsche is and you have to admit it has a certain image with it. Few know what an Ultima is and it has no stigma attached to it. Its just a fast, fun, mad looking car. Much like the Noble

£30K'ish Fingers crossed some good GTO 3's should be around 30 in a years time.

Bentley whilst lovely is flash, Lambo again is flash. Corvette has gone beyond flash into chest wigs and medalions. Delorean with a Mazda 3 Rotor would be cool but not really my cup of tea. I'm really into cars that not many people know about but carry a touch of wow factor with the stigma Porche/Ferrari etc. carry.

Matt

Reply to
**-**