Tachometers

Anyone got any pointers on where I can get a tacho from without spending a bomb? It'll probably be stuck out of the dash somewhere, as there's nowhere to fit one in the instrument cowl thing. Transplanting the instruments from another Ka looks like it might be difficult as the ones with rev counters also have digital odometers.

It needs to be pretty big, backlit if at all possible, 0-6 or 7krpm should do it. All the one's in demontweeks are £100 or so (too bloody much).

Reply to
Doki

I saw that. Looked a bit Max Power... How does the 7 colours work? :P

Reply to
Doki

Find a Skoda Estelle. They all had 0-8K and they're really good. I think that they're VDO.

Reply to
yeha

A pushbike ;) ?

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

I'll tell you where to push your bike...

Reply to
Doki

For £2,700 you could get a LOT of car. Mk1 405's are getting a bit crusty now (they are all 10 years old). The Mk2's from very late 1992 onwards, are probably better for you (the aircon will still work :) ). Mines a 1.6i (only 90bhp but plenty faster than a Ka, and handles very nicely on 205's). The 1.8, 2.0 or TD GTX is probably what you want, all the toys, nice useable power, handling is good blah blah blah.

In summary, everyone should own 405's :)

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

I was rather jealous of my amte blagging that Mi16, for the money he paid. Even if it's not a Skoda or a Saab.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Don't work.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Eh ?

Reply to
Nom

Works now (the link), didn't work before.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

LOL :)

Reply to
Nom

Insurance looks like it'll be over a grand (LV won't quote for it online). I'll have a look when my car's just been MOTed in August, so I can sell it with 12 months MOT etc. if I do.

Reply to
Doki

Fair enough, but they're so cheap that you'll have money to spare for insurance :)

Reply to
Nom

You've to click fairly hard :)

-- Chet

Chet

Oi bitch, stop takign credit for my finds!

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405