Teaser

Heh, have been busy. Charlie's folks are coming over from California so I've been busy hiring a Mondeo TDCi, err, doing DIY.

Where were we?

Reply to
DervMan

Everyone was taking the piss out of your way to bugger with numbers to make your Ka sound quicker than the average supercar :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Relatively speaking, it is.

There are few cars that you can drive so close to their upper limits compared with the Ka.

:-p

Reply to
DervMan

snip

Because the Ka has very low upper limits.

Reply to
Jamesy

Yup :)

Reply to
Nom

Pah !

That's simply because the underpowered Ka has very low limits. Your test is so ludicrous, that giving your Ka more power, would REDUCE it's score !

Reply to
Nom

Just stop :) Right now. Its over. Let it go Dervy, stop, or should that be start, taking the pills...

Reply to
Dan405

But to be fair its not that difficult to get cars with ~70bhp to their upper limits. You could drive a McLaren F1 at its limit, but you'd be doing about a zillion mph (roughly)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Reminder to self: Buy a cheap 1 litre Polo and we'll really see who's the daddy :-)))

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Pah, not on your nelly. I've driven my Mum's old (MKII?) Polo, and it's a horror box. Doesn't handle at all.

Reply to
Doki

This is WHY the test is ridiculous! It would be pretty much flat out at

80mph, so stay around 64mph and you'd get 80% - thus proving it has relatively better handling than a Ka!
Reply to
Dan405

It's a VW Polo, it won't recognise a corner if it's going around it!

Reply to
DervMan

Well, no, because in order to average 64 mph you'd need to drive significantly quicker.

If you're stationary for just thirty seconds, you need sixty seconds at >90 mph to maintain the average.

Reply to
DervMan

Ah but no - if flat out is only 80, you'd only need to do 80 for 60 seconds, and why would you be stationary for 30 seconds? I'm assuming this road is reasonably quiet so the junctions would be fairly mundane.....

Dervy - please stop trying to plead your case :) You're onto a loser here....

Reply to
Dan405

Nope, nasty little critters.

No.

Reply to
DervMan

So - you accept totally - my old 50cc scooter is a better handler than a Ford Ka (relatively) because i could drive it down that road at 100% speed for 99% (junctions i'd probly slow vaguely for, but then, i was 16 when i rode it, lord knows how i survived) of the time?

Reply to
Dan405

But NOOOOO! You've gone mad man! It was crappy! Corners were FRIGHTENING!

Reply to
Dan405

Yes.

Reply to
DervMan

FRIGHTENING!

But if it could handle within it's performance, it's fine - I don't suppose performance was much to write home about, eh?

Reply to
DervMan

Once saw 45mph down a VERY steep hill with a back wind.....

Reply to
Dan405