The Manta is here

Picked it up today. Very very pleased. Little bit of rust on one rear arch, but only surface rust. Will probably get it sorted out by a pro. Underneath looks alright - will treat it all to some waxoil and a proper look when I get chance. Drives great though, and is really comfortable.

Carl Gibbs

Utterley random comment - Tornado fuel is well good :) But apparently if you keep it in it's original can for too long sometimes the inside of the can peels and rusts and messes up the fuel. If you fancy an on road beasty I'm looking to flog one of mine soon ;) It has a Volvo shell as well :D Yours for £100 posted squire - and it would amaze you with just how fast it actually is...

Reply to
DanTXD

Heh, random indeed!! Too much off road goodness round here, so dont really want an on road one. Mines brokne oncxe again though!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Love the tartan. The 80s really were the decade that taste forgot. The white wheels have to go as well.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Hell no, I'm keeping everything the way Opel intended. Even got a pair of aviators to wear whilst driving it :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

NICE.

Reply to
DanTXD

that interior is a bit close to chav burb for me :) still nice though! stick a cav/calibra turbo engine in it!

Reply to
Vamp

Monaro VXR 6.0.

Reply to
DanTXD

Yea the on road ones are quite dull :) Guess it's on it's way to the 'bay then :D The Savage might well be available to to fund my traveling ;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

glad someone was thinking! cool idea!

Reply to
Vamp

Can I interest sir in some tasteful shoulder pads and leg warmers?

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Indeed you can

(not!)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Uhuh. Sure. Boy racers know WTF a Chevette is, of course. They barely knew what they were in 1992.

You, sir, are a baboon. A stupid, ill-educated, soul-less baboon. Go back to drooling over diesel Vectras in What Car?

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

All the money you have wasted on crap cars you could have put towards a decent one now! The Manta looks like a Chevette with a body kit, something a boy/girl racer would do. That must have set you back all of £300, was it worth it!

Reply to
Ian

Hehe :) I like the style.

TDM

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Do we know this tosser?

Reply to
DanTXD

You complete lump of gibbering baboon slobber. The Chevette, Ascona, Kadette, Cavalier Coupe Mk1, Manta A/B and Droop snoot VXs are some of the coolest retro cars on the scene ATM. Whether you for the drag strip look, the stage rally livery, or the rat look racer in matt black/NATO flat green.

And they all happen to have RWD and great engine swapability.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

You are a mong

Reply to
Abo

I like that! I'm strangely envious. Have fun!

Reply to
fishman