The new plan...

... 2.3 engine conversion. A mate recommended an insurance brokers, just gave them a call and got a £545 quote for the 360 with a 2.3 lump, plus lots of other bits, like driving any car, which I havent been able to get in the past due to lack of age! That's with 0 NCB and accidents declared.

Just gotta convince myself I can afford it now :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

what car is this? i can't keep up with you're ever changing small fleet!

hope that's a 2.3 conversion for the MK1 MR2 :)

Reply to
Vamp

The 'for the 360' bit should have given it away ;) ie Volvo 360 GLT with the

2.3 8v (or possibly 16v) lump from a Volvo 200/700/900. Not huge amounts of power - 130bhp and 140lb ft ish for the 8v, but a good starting point!

Only got the 2 cars at the mo - the 360 and the Swift. All my spare cash is going on the Volvo, none left for extra cars!!

Not my MR2 mate! It's gradually getting sorted out though. Going in for some work to the engine in the new year (rattly tappet), plus the Magnex exhuast will finally get fitted and a few paint chips sorted. This weekend I've got a reconditioned steering wheel and a nice new leather gear gaitor to put on, so in the next month or so it should be near enough back to mint condition!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

damn i want a MK1 one day in mint condition!

Reply to
Vamp

Mate of mine's got one in fairly close to mint condition - needs a very minor amount of blemishes sorting out, but overall it's very clean and runs brilliantly - he's not planning on selling it anytime soon, but if/when he does, I'll be sure to mention it on here.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

ah - didn't think you'd be talking about 2.3 conversion into a 360 Modena....

Nick

Reply to
NickD

I was thinking about, but decided on the Volvo instead

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Well in 3 years time it's probably being sold to make way for something newer (probably Smart Roadster or new MX5), so if I dont inherit it I'll give you bell :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs