Tipo 2.0 Sedicivalvole - Replacement Radiator

Does anyone know if I can replace my 1992 Tipo 2.0 16v radiator with that from another Fiat, Lancia or Alfa Romeo? If so, which one & what model?

Many thanks

Adam H

Reply to
Ex Alfa Adam

As far as I know this engine was installed in the Tipo only. Your best bet for other models with this radiator would be the Tempra 2.0, the Alfa 155

2.0 TS or (possibly the most likely option)the Lancia Dedra 2.0 16v, if you can find one. No promises though.

Syncro

Reply to
Syncro

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:20:07 +0100, "Syncro" threw a teddy out of the pram and bawled:

If I'm interpreting my parts CD correctly, radiator part no. 82440263 fitted to the Lancia Dedra with AirCon / Auto transmission is also fitted to the Teapot^H^H^H^H^Hipo 2.0 16v. And thats one of three radiators listed for the Dedra. I navigated the parts list using the chassis no. for my Dedra 1.8ieSE.

I recall that the replacement radiator I got for my Dedra from a FIAT dealer had an Alfa part number, but I'm unable to cross-ref between my Alfa and Lancia parts CDs (I haven't got the FIAT CD).

Bottom line - I'm sure the radiator will be common part. Finding the models that share it is the hard part. You could try obtaining the FIAT parts CD that covers your Tipo. My Lancia CD cost about GBP

14.00 from the FIAT dealer.

Perhaps your nearest friendly FIAT dealer could give you the information you require?

-- Max Reheat (:o) - deselect Part Throttle Reheat to reply.

Alfa 156 2.0 JTS Selespeed Veloce Lancia Dedra 1.8i.e.SE

Reply to
Max Reheat

Very doubtful that it would be shared with the 155, as the Alfa engines are very different to the Fiat lumps.

However, it's highly likely to be shared with the Dedra, as it shares the 16v 'Lampredi' engine with the Tipo, abliet in a different state of tune.

Reply to
SteveH

There are 3 different radiators for the Tipo (Sport): 82440263 for Tipo/Tempra 1750/2000 and Dedra/Delta. 7699793 for Tipo/Tempra 1750/2000, Coupe 1.8, Dedra/Delta. And 7612178 for Tipo/Tempra 1750/2000

"SteveH" skrev i meld>

Reply to
Svend E Pettersen

Engine and Radiator aren't really related though. Rover 200 and 600 both have the same Turbo engine, but both have very different rads. They'll use whatever fits the car, and is big enough to cool said engine.

Reply to
Nom

But the 200 and 600 are different platforms, the Tipo, Tempra, 155 and Dedra share the same. Therefore for the same engine, the rads should be very similar.

Syncro

Reply to
Syncro

Agreed. What I meant, was that they may use the same rad even if they have a completely different engine. If the given rad is upto the job of cooling either engine, and will physically fit all the cars, then there's no reason for them to change it. If you see what I mean :)

Reply to
Nom