Top Gear Australia

Fraser will be thrilled, Top Giya is going to have its own Australian version. I wonder if it will have an Australian Stig who is friendlier than the British one?

Anyway a country so in love with cars is definitely deserving of its own quality motoring show, but then again it is a country that regards this as a desirable two seater sports car:

I found this thread which is full of auditions from general public wannabe presenters. Which one do you lot like most?

fishman

Yeah, they had the three characters in one of the papers about a month ago comparing them to the UK Top Gear guys. It's strange because they've kind of tried to go for similar characters, but the ones that you think are equivalent aren't e.g. the one with the long her is not like James May and into sensible eco cars that go at 20mph, its the other guy.

Wouldn't mind catching an episode of their version to see what its like. Do you think there will be much difference to the UK one? E.g. more cars that feature in the Aussie Market e.g. Mitsubishi, Toyota, Honda, Holden, Hyundai, Daewoo, Ford, Nissan etc?

John

Reply to
John

why do they have to copy it exactly? didn't they learn from the american's and there version of the office? just get the best 3 people that work and keep a similar format. still might be worth a download when it gets aired ect maybe.

Reply to
Vamp

I reckon it will have no budget and be a steaming pile of s**te. I predict one season then getting axed.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Well then. Top Gear is not a motoring show for a start.

Reply to
Mark W