Tyre pressures...

Have you tried applying progressively more power once rolling? Once the 9-3 starts to wheelspin it's usually wheelspinning until you change up, probably because when a wheel thinks about gripping it increases the load on the engine, which increases the boost and it keeps on spinning. Or something like this.

Reply to
DervMan

try quick shifting up, the citroen ax i drove after passing my test was a bastard for wheelspin in the wet (i guess cos it weighed f*ck all no weight to hold em down) i used to just keep changing up till it went, can always ease off a bit. the MR2 Turbo used to spin the wheels up in the wet if you was in 3rd gear at about 40-50mph if the turbo spooled up hehe

Reply to
Vamp

I'll get the wheelspin from around 1,900 rpm upwards... :)

My diesel Saab does this in fourth (40 = 1,900 rpm in fourth) at the same speed even after underclocking the tuning module; admittedly it doesn't do it all that often now that I've toned it down. Instead it waggles all over the road with Saab torque steer. In third, yes, it'll do it.

But of course, this is a sign of an inept chassis rather than power...

Reply to
DervMan

really i always put it down to me being a bit of a nonse as to why it did it :) no REAL need to be flooring it kicking turbo's in when it's wet :-P

Reply to
Vamp