Valuing a modified car...

They probably don't stock many, as the chances of rolling an Integrale and it being repairable are slim - it'll have gone over a few times if being driven properly.

Plus 2200 pays for the 6 they've had in stock that have rusted away waiting for a buyer.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

No, but the law does. If an accident is not your fault you are legally protected so that you are restored to the point you would be at if the accident hadn't happened. The idea being that if it wasn't your fault then you should suffer no loss. Therefore, you could technically (and I stress technically as it's NEVER gonna happen) insist they find you the replacement car, replacement modifications and get them fitted before delivering you the replacement, as that is the situation you were in pre-accident.

Reply to
Andy Connolly

Labour's always a bit horrific for a reshell though. Depends how much was mangled when it rolled - could get away with a new roof and side perhaps.

Reply to
Doki

Not only that, I'd assume 800 quid for a 'shell' doesn't include stuff like wings, doors, bonnet and tailgate, or paint.

Then you have to transfer the oily bits and interior over.

That's definitely not economical to do.

I wouldn't accept a new roof..... can't really see how that would work, surely it's all one piece from the rear 3/4 panels to the bottom of the windscreen pillars?

Reply to
SteveH

They do em, not especially often, but they do get done. I assume the roof's welded in and the welds are hidden by rain gutters.

Reply to
Doki

Since when has the law been on the side of the motorist ?

And which law would this be exactly ?

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Cool! No worries, glad to be of some help! I think it's a good idea to get some quotes for the repairs - for the insurance co, cash in lieu of repairs would probably be the easiest way to sort this out. It just depends on whether that is a viable option for you.

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B